Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Aspire access online course Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have come across an access course website called aspire courses and they do access to health professions , and it is 995 pounds , is it worth doing it or should i study at college? i have previously did access to nursing at learndirect but failed cus of resubmission. please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    Hi i have come across an access course website called aspire courses and they do access to health professions , and it is 995 pounds , is it worth doing it or should i study at college? i have previously did access to nursing at learndirect but failed cus of resubmission. please help
    I think if you can its always best to do the course in college. Depending on cost/time etc. Can you get an advanced learner loan?

If you cant then there's no difference between the online version and the college one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozart_Wolfgang)
    I think if you can its always best to do the course in college. Depending on cost/time etc. Can you get an advanced learner loan?

If you cant then there's no difference between the online version and the college one.
    ok thanks , i think college would be better instead the online courses dont provide an advanced learner loan.

ReputationRep:
    Having just completed my access course I would recommend doing it at a college rather than online. You can get an advanced learner loan for an Access course at college and it is paid off automatically if you further your studies with university.
    It's a fair bit of work that requires plenty of effort but also support from real people that know what they're talking about. Also an advantage of college is that you will have access to their library, laptops/computers and probably get print credits also so you don't waste a fortune printing things out.
    It depends on how you learn really. I love to read and online might seem okay but I can be distractible and it's one thing to read what you're supposed to know but entirely another to have a conversation with someone about it. For me it resonates more having a teacher led class than online.
    Hope you enjoy whatever it is you do anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenerallyLost)
    Having just completed my access course I would recommend doing it at a college rather than online. You can get an advanced learner loan for an Access course at college and it is paid off automatically if you further your studies with university.
    It's a fair bit of work that requires plenty of effort but also support from real people that know what they're talking about. Also an advantage of college is that you will have access to their library, laptops/computers and probably get print credits also so you don't waste a fortune printing things out.
    It depends on how you learn really. I love to read and online might seem okay but I can be distractible and it's one thing to read what you're supposed to know but entirely another to have a conversation with someone about it. For me it resonates more having a teacher led class than online.
    Hope you enjoy whatever it is you do anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.