Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Funny/Embarrassing Relationship (current or past) stories? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Feel the need to make myself better after my awkward breakup, so wondered if anyone else went through embarrassing, awkward or now-funny breakups? Any stories would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I fell off a roof in year 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDowling)
    I fell off a roof in year 10
    Sounds riveting. Guessing you were single before and after that event?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TreeResin)
    Sounds riveting. Guessing you were single before and after that event?
    In fact mate, I was, how did you guess?

ReputationRep:
    Me and my (now ex) boyf were spooning and he decides to shove it up my ass and make me cry with pain lol
    He also told me to 'go downstairs and watch TV with my mum' because he wanted to play on his iPad in bed
    Not to mention him dumping me at 11.58 on New Years eve and then me enthusiastically rebounding at 3am
    Can't believe I stayed with him for six months hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDowling)
    In fact mate, I was, how did you guess?
    An educated guess. Didn't really take much to work it out tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    Me and my (now ex) boyf were spooning and he decides to shove it up my ass and make me cry with pain lol
    He also told me to 'go downstairs and watch TV with my mum' because he wanted to play on his iPad in bed
    Not to mention him dumping me at 11.58 on New Years eve and then me enthusiastically rebounding at 3am
    Can't believe I stayed with him for six months hahahahaha
    Jesus christ that sounds terrible hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TreeResin)
    Jesus christ that sounds terrible hahahaha
    He was my first boyfriend when I was 16, I must have thought feeling horrible all the time was normal in a relationship
    A few days after he dumped me the first time, he went and told people at a party that he 'just got bored' of me and then proceeded to get with 2 people. Obviously we ended up getting back together because I'm a genius like that.

moral of the story: you think that your relationship was good for you at the time, but once you get some external perspective you realise how much it just wasn't working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    He was my first boyfriend when I was 16, I must have thought feeling horrible all the time was normal in a relationship
    A few days after he dumped me the first time, he went and told people at a party that he 'just got bored' of me and then proceeded to get with 2 people. Obviously we ended up getting back together because I'm a genius like that.

moral of the story: you think that your relationship was good for you at the time, but once you get some external perspective you realise how much it just wasn't working
    Definitely. It's understandable for a first relationship, but its probably for the best that you got out of there. At least (I hope) you've learnt from this

ReputationRep:
    I was dating this guy who, like clockwork, would call me up around 1 am each night to talk. At first it was kinda sweet but soon got really annoying as I had to wake up at 6am and he knew it. And the calls would literally just be him telling what he did all day, including telling me exactly what he ate for each meal.

So after a week or so of that, he calls me up at 1am again and he's actually with a mate. He talks for a bit and goes "I'm going to go make some tea, here talk to my friend" and gives the phone to his friend while he's off making tea. So there I am in bed, having to wake up it about 4-5 hours on the phone with some random guy while my bf is making himself tea... I was grumpy, might have cussed slightly at his friend who then passed back the phone to him at which point I cussed at him, ended the call and went to sleep. Never talked to him again 😂

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 20, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.