Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I started my first day today as a part 1 architectural assistant dressed in smart shoes, fitted trousers with belt and a smart shirt tucked in. Admittedly I've never worn anything like this and felt really uncomfortable.

My feet are in agony from those shoes. I saw others wearing khakis, trainers, checked shirts although they were older guys... one guy who seemed my age wore black skinny jeans with an untucked checked shirt and brown shoes.

That outfit I wore today is pretty much the only professional looking outfit I have and I don't want to go back tomorrow wearing the same thing. Do you think They'd have a word with me If I showed up in smart black shoes, black skinny jeans and an untucked denim shirt?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you ask your manager what the dress code is? You should have done this before you started if you were unsure.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.