Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    When will I have to pay my accommodation deposit? It just says on the site that places are being given out during the summer but I'll need the summer to save it up. I applied for halls in March and haven't heard anything back yet.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by fionnghualah)
    When will I have to pay my accommodation deposit? It just says on the site that places are being given out during the summer but I'll need the summer to save it up. I applied for halls in March and haven't heard anything back yet.
    It depends whetehr you are conditional or uncnditional.

Once you know your results and have an accepted place then they start to process this, so for conditional that would be sometime in August. They then send you the offer and you have to accept within seven days of the e-mail. part of that is by sending them your £400 non returnable deposit.

Obviously if you have an unconditional it starts sooner.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionnghualah)
    Call them and ask. I had to pay my deposit for a different uni in March when I booked it, even just on a conditional offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When the uni offers you accommodation, you have one week to respond. Should you choose to accept their offer, you will then have to pay £400 as part of the acceptance process (all online).

The uni will only offer accommodation once (1) you have an unconditional academic offer from them AND (2) you have accepted the offer.

But of course you can apply even with a conditional offer, just that they will keep your application on hold till it becomes unconditional. SInce it's first-come-first-serve (or at least that's what they say), no harm applying sooner rather than later.

For me I applied in the first week of April, my academic offer turned unconditional around end May, and my accom offer came about a week after.
    • Very Important Poster

Its all on the webisite. I didnt invent £400.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.