Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Why do i feel so sad all the time Watch

I mean idk
    i shouldn't really feel sad or anything now cos most stressful things have gone away although obviously everyone has stressful stuff in their 'real' life not just their academic life so that's still about but it shouldn't warrant feeling sad i suppose, more frustrated and angry.
    i know that i dont like change, i never have and i suppose im just trying to adjust really but i feel so down. I suppose i just cant have a sort of neutral 'good' feeling. Everything has to be extremes, either amazing or crap. i just dont know why i cant be happy in the moment. i always feel like i have to be pushing for something or on a journey to achieving something and now that im not doing those things i just feel dull and purposeless. Because really there is no point in my life if im not doing those things. Im only here for one person. i know this feeling is only temporary and as soon as i get to where i want to go to i'll feel better, at least that's the hope. If that doesn't work in 3 years ill probably join the sappers if they will have me, that sort of routine and challenge appeals a lot to me.
    idk really, i hope in the next few months it will be the case of someone i knew/sort of still know who went and made a new life for themselves and is happy now. I really want happiness i just cant seem to find it in pretty much anything. Idk if other ppl feel this way but i feel like my sort of 'baseline' mood is one of darkness, overthinking and just unhappiness and that things that make me 'happy' dont really make me happy but actually distract me. before this made sense but now the main thing that was making me unhappy has gone i dont understand why im not suddenly super happy
    i think this is why people dont bother with me as much as they used to before and hardly talk and dont message as much, because im annoying and miserable and pessimistic
    idk why i wrote this rlly, back to using tsr as a counsellor lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Idk if other ppl feel this way but i feel like my sort of 'baseline' mood is one of darkness, overthinking and just unhappiness and that things that make me 'happy' dont really make me happy but actually distract me.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Once in a while you do get happy days, but most of the time you are merely distracting yourself from whatever pain you are dealing with.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Once in a while you do get happy days, but most of the time you are merely distracting yourself from whatever pain you are dealing with.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butfirst_coffee)
    :console:
    You always make my days happy
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I mean idk
    i shouldn't really feel sad or anything now cos most stressful things have gone away although obviously everyone has stressful stuff in their 'real' life not just their academic life so that's still about but it shouldn't warrant feeling sad i suppose, more frustrated and angry.
    i know that i dont like change, i never have and i suppose im just trying to adjust really but i feel so down. I suppose i just cant have a sort of neutral 'good' feeling. Everything has to be extremes, either amazing or crap. i just dont know why i cant be happy in the moment. i always feel like i have to be pushing for something or on a journey to achieving something and now that im not doing those things i just feel dull and purposeless. Because really there is no point in my life if im not doing those things. Im only here for one person. i know this feeling is only temporary and as soon as i get to where i want to go to i'll feel better, at least that's the hope. If that doesn't work in 3 years ill probably join the sappers if they will have me, that sort of routine and challenge appeals a lot to me.
    idk really, i hope in the next few months it will be the case of someone i knew/sort of still know who went and made a new life for themselves and is happy now. I really want happiness i just cant seem to find it in pretty much anything. Idk if other ppl feel this way but i feel like my sort of 'baseline' mood is one of darkness, overthinking and just unhappiness and that things that make me 'happy' dont really make me happy but actually distract me. before this made sense but now the main thing that was making me unhappy has gone i dont understand why im not suddenly super happy
    i think this is why people dont bother with me as much as they used to before and hardly talk and dont message as much, because im annoying and miserable and pessimistic
    I can relate to bits and pieces of this.

It's honestly such a **** feeling to feel sad, angry, frustrated etc all the time.

I hate saying it because I struggle to take my own advice, but you have to find whatever it is that makes you feel purposeless in some situations and work on it.

I can just see myself spending my summer on TSR when I should be doing exactly that - it's just kind of alright because sometimes makes things easier to deal with :lol: but I need to find another vice... I mention this because maybe you feel the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I mean idk

Dont feel bad about life, it has its own way of surprising us. Keep believing that life is still good and when you do it will actually will. By the way I found this nice inspirational decals at stick2win you might want to check it out so you can be inspired all the time!Name:  wp16.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  64.1 KB

thank you for your comments guys, appreciate x

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.