Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,

    This summer, I'm moving from Wales to England and in September I will be starting my final year on uni. Do I just cancel my student finance Wales and then apply for England or will I have to repay all the Welsh one back asap?
    Thanks in advance
    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    Hi jadeeoxo,

    Thank you for your question.

    I can assure you that you don't need to pay your loan at once. You enter repayment the April after you graduate/withdraw. Deductions are made from your salary if you earn over the threshold.

    As you are just moving to England for the purpose of study, you will continue to apply through Student Finance Wales, even if your university is in England.

    Thank you,
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.