Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Should I do Medicine or Psychology? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I don't think I did too well with my as exams which isn't the end of the world because they don't count towards anything but I'm going to get pretty low predicted grades. As of now they are:
    Biology: A Chemistry: B Maths: A Psychology: A
    The thing about Chemistry is that usually hate it with a passion and it makes me lose my will to live. But we've started A2 material and I'm actually enjoying it. The issue with it is that I find it so boring and uninteresting my brain just won't hold the information but if I really tried, I know I could get an A- but I don't know whether I can be arsed. On the other hand, it's only for 1 more year.

So I'm thinking of dropping it and continuing on with the other 3 and doing a psychology degree.

Another thing is when picking universities for Medicine, is aiming pretty low but I think if I was to do psychology I could go to a better university? And if I didn't do chemistry a level I think I could get A*s in Psychology and Biology because at the moment chemistry drains all my energy and go to a really good university.

Medicine is something I've always wanted to do and I'm very interested in but its becoming less and less possible because of my disinterest in Chemistry. And I find all my other alevels pretty interesting, especially psychology which is something that comes pretty effortlessly to me and I find it very interesting.

What's my best option?
    Btw, in my gcses I got 1A*, 9As and 2Bs so I don't think I'm suitable for psychology at Oxbridge even if I got good alevels but I think they should be good enough for most universities

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.