Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am an EU national, I moved to England on 10.9.2014 to do a bachelors degree, but dropped out this year. I would now like to apply for a post-graduate loan. As an address for the last 3 years, do I put my EU home address, or the address in England?

    If I understood correctly, if I moved to England for the purpose of studying, I should put down the EU address?

    What does it mean if I will have lived in the UK for 10 days less than 3 years on 1.9.2017?
    Does this make me ineligible for the loan?

    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    Hi Kasana,

    Thank you for your question.

    PGL is available to SFE domiciled students studying anywhere in the UK and EU students studying in England. To be eligible:
    • SFE domiciled students must be ordinarily resident in the UK for the 1st day of the 1st Academic Year
    • EU students must be resident in England for the 1st day of the 1st year of the course

    All students must be resident in the UK / EU for 3 years prior to the start of the Academic Year (AY).

    EU students applying for a PGL do not have to meet the residency criteria for new undergraduate courses of 5 years.

    For the last three years addresses, you could put down your EU address if your UK address was just your term time address.

    Thank you,
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.