Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU national, I moved to England on 10.9.2014 to do a bachelors degree, but dropped out this year. I would now like to apply for a post-graduate loan. As an address for the last 3 years, do I put my EU home address, or the address in England?

If I understood correctly, if I moved to England for the purpose of studying, I should put down the EU address?

What does it mean if I will have lived in the UK for 10 days less than 3 years on 1.9.2017?
    Does this make me ineligible for the loan?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kasana,

Thank you for your question.

PGL is available to SFE domiciled students studying anywhere in the UK and EU students studying in England. To be eligible:
    • SFE domiciled students must be ordinarily resident in the UK for the 1st day of the 1st Academic Year
    • EU students must be resident in England for the 1st day of the 1st year of the course

All students must be resident in the UK / EU for 3 years prior to the start of the Academic Year (AY).

EU students applying for a PGL do not have to meet the residency criteria for new undergraduate courses of 5 years.

For the last three years addresses, you could put down your EU address if your UK address was just your term time address.

Thank you,
    Kruti.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.