Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Could you spare a minute for a student in need? Watch

• View Poll Results: Imagine visiting a Boot's Store to purchase Paracetamol. Would you rather go for...
    Boots own branded paracetamol
    42.11%
    Another company's branded paracetamol
    57.89%

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

So basically I have a project coming up that I have to complete and would be super grateful if you can answer a quick questions for me

Feel free to leave your reasons below, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you all for your help x

ReputationRep:
    Chances are, another company's brand will be cheaper.

Voted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelyahko)
    Hi Everyone!

So basically I have a project coming up that I have to complete and would be super grateful if you can answer a quick questions for me

Feel free to leave your reasons below, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you all for your help x
    Hope it helps!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The own brand stuff will be cheap compared to branded medication, whilst still being the same drug. Voted for Boots.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that paracetamol is a homogeneous good so any price differences is due to branding. I'd choose the best value one

ReputationRep:
    I didn't vote because it depends. For example, you can have paracetamol with a caffeinated coating, so that absorption of the compounds is accelerated (no idea how it works, just going off what I know :P )

ReputationRep:
    Always the cheapest, or the one with the highest codeine content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King42415)
    I didn't vote because it depends. For example, you can have paracetamol with a caffeinated coating, so that absorption of the compounds is accelerated (no idea how it works, just going off what I know :P )
    Haha, thank you for your thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelyahko)
    Haha, thank you for your thoughts
    You're welcome

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.