Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Business Studies A Level Paper 3 - 23rd June 2017 watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions for what might come up in paper 3?

ReputationRep:
    Anything.
    However I assume it will be a case study of a certified dank business.
    Questions can be anything based on it.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think that financial ratios will come up because they haven't really yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos7)
    I definitely think that financial ratios will come up because they haven't really yet.
    I hope so. Easy marks.

ReputationRep:
    When calcuting current ratio do you round the answer to 2 decimal places, for instance say the answer was 1.469434833 would you round it up to 1.47 ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to have a go predicting case study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romafelipa100)
    When calcuting current ratio do you round the answer to 2 decimal places, for instance say the answer was 1.469434833 would you round it up to 1.47 ?
    Yeah, round it up to 2 decimal places. So the current ratio would look like this:
    1 : 1.85 or something similar

ReputationRep:
    Predicting types of questions for different Units:

Questions that might come regarding
    Unit 1:
    To what extent to do you think that the business (Case study) should remain as an LTD or convert into a PLC.

Unit 2:
    Is it important for a business to satisfy ALL of its stakeholders when making a major decision?

Unit 3:
    To what extent is Place the most important element in the marketing mix? (Changed to any of the 7p's)
    To what extent is marketing research an essential investment when developing and launching a new product?

Unit 4:
    To what extent is outsourcing a good idea for a business wanting to be more competitive?
    To what extent is effective supply chain management essential to gainn market share these days?

Unit 5:
    Assess the value of setting financial objectives to (Case study)

Unit 6:
    Is it inevitable that all businesses will seek to replace large numbers of emplyees with technology

ReputationRep:
    Unit 7:
    Analyse why non-financial factors may form an important element of any investment apprasial. (12 marks)
    Discuss the extent to which Porter's five forces model would help with developing a new strategy. (16 marks)

Unit 8:
    To what extent is differenation the best strategic positon for a start-up business?
    To what extent to you think clear positioning is key to success for any business?

Unit 9:
    To what extent do you think innovation is essential for a company's expanison strategy?
    With the business pursuing the strategy of retrenchment; how does this impact the functional areas of the business?
    To what extent is pursuing growth always a good strategy for a business?

Unit 10:
    Analyse how the managers of a business would have overcome the resistance to change from employees.
    Do you think in todays business environment the strategy of businesses should be emergent rather than planned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBen)
    Predicting types of questions for different Units:

Questions that might come regarding
    Unit 1:
    To what extent to do you think that the business (Case study) should remain as an LTD or convert into a PLC.

Unit 2:
    Is it important for a business to satisfy ALL of its stakeholders when making a major decision?

Unit 3:
    To what extent is Place the most important element in the marketing mix? (Changed to any of the 7p's)
    To what extent is marketing research an essential investment when developing and launching a new product?

Unit 4:
    To what extent is outsourcing a good idea for a business wanting to be more competitive?
    To what extent is effective supply chain management essential to gainn market share these days?

Unit 5:
    Assess the value of setting financial objectives to (Case study)

Unit 6:
    Is it inevitable that all businesses will seek to replace large numbers of emplyees with technology
    Wow... ******** it even more now :/

ReputationRep:
    how many marks will each questions be?

ReputationRep:
    In the paper, there will be two 12 markers, two 16 markers, a 20 marker and a 24 marker. These are just the different question that i think could come depending on the casestudy.

ReputationRep:
    Lets goooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    The specimen for this is probably the hardest of the 3, would appreciate some general questions

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on the paper?

Most people around me said that was absolutely awful but I think I managed fine (unsurprising given those people talked about Love Island for the 2 hours leading up to it). Managed to get it done in time as well, and to have a 24 marker on the marketing mix was quite nice, although I feel like the wording really could catch people out on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PM98)
    Thoughts on the paper?

Most people around me said that was absolutely awful but I think I managed fine (unsurprising given those people talked about Love Island for the 2 hours leading up to it). Managed to get it done in time as well, and to have a 24 marker on the marketing mix was quite nice, although I feel like the wording really could catch people out on that one.
    I found it quite nice too. Lol same here, two people just left in the middle of the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PM98)
    Thoughts on the paper?

What did you put for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PM98)
    Thoughts on the paper?

I thought the actual paper was alright but I completely messed up, my 20 & 24 mark questions were awful because I didn't have the time to think them through at all. My 12 & 16 markers were actually pretty good but I'm not betting on getting more than 10 marks on that 25. Which is great because I messed up a 25 marker on Paper 1 🙃

I'm really annoyed at the timing we were given, I know we have way more than a mark a minute and top mark students may have been able to finish but it's just unneccessary stress, they only give us long answers anyway to make it seem like business is 'analytical' when it's such a bs subject. My view is a bit biased as I'm really upset but I think providing us with exactly 2 past papers then expecting us to write that fast is bs

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the arguments for and against the last question were ? Very confusing wording in the question ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okay, but didnt like the 24 marker

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.