Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    going through clearing, it doesn't feel right......
    did ne1 go through clearing....
    do u think its a good idea to go through clearing or to do A levels again and go for a better course........

ReputationRep:
    It doesn’t "feel" right?

I went through Clearing this year as I changed my mind about the course I wanted to do, so rejected my offers. I found it to be a fairly smooth process, although I did contact the admissions tutor well before Clearing began. I didn't enter Clearing because my results were poor, so I may be in a different situation to you.

If you believe that you can improve your grades and get into a better university then by all means go ahead and re-sit. Remember you'll be spending at least three years wherever you end up, you don't want to regret your decision later on.

Clearing is a lot less painful than people think though

ReputationRep:
    my friend got into durham thro clearing...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    chemistry is the clearing course i decided for but im not quite sure about it..
    it is a degree course so not bad at all.
    i can end u getting the same grade if i do a levels again .... so a year can be wasted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lost_in_cyberia)
    did ur friend go for the course she wanted

ReputationRep:
    Ive gone through clearing and i agree that it is a smooth process, although i am disappointed i didnt get in2 my first choice, i am happy because ive now got a place at swansea which is one that i was going to apply for ages ago but then didnt. but am well happy with it now and cant wait. everythin has been sorted in about a week. good luck

ReputationRep:
    I had offers from Kent at Canterbury, Manchester and KCL for clearing last year. In the end, I decided doing A-levels again would mean standing still, not moving forward. What's to guarantee that you will get better too?

I just took my results and went to KCL. And I've enjoyed my first year of uni immensely, going out and making new friends etc; as opposed to sitting around at home all last year re-doing my A2s.

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted to go to SOAS and do Economics at Clearing. I may have got an offer if I had got ABC but I got ACC and missed ABB by just a few marks! Oh well, I also didn't get into my firm choice of Maths at KCL but they offered me Computer Science instead and I took it. I'm looking forward to starting uni but I hope the last month I have before I go doesn't go too quick!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.