Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

wonder if this will become possible watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://216.247.9.207/ny-best.htm :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    noooo way is that possible!!! wat a joke!

ReputationRep:
    yeah not possible,you have to remove the entier body parts,it's brian not a cell*LOL*

ReputationRep:
    There was a case of head transplant in the former USSR. That was quite a long time ago. Involving a scientist and a criminal. The criminal was executed and shipped to hospital straight away (might have been executed in the hospital). The scientist was dying of some terrible disease. The transplant was successful, the scientist lived for a few more years and died of a heart attack. The scientist was right handed before the transplant. But after he got into the new body, he became a left handed because the criminal was left handed.

Brain transplant sounds dodgy, but, head transplant is definitely probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    There was a case of head transplant in the former USSR. That was quite a long time ago. Involving a scientist and a criminal. The criminal was executed and shipped to hospital straight away (might have been executed in the hospital). The scientist was dying of some terrible disease. The transplant was successful, the scientist lived for a few more years and died of a heart attack. The scientist was right handed before the transplant. But after he got into the new body, he became a left handed because the criminal was left handed.

*LOL* weird,I'm left handed,I always thought that was assciated with the brain,lefthanded thinks with the right side of the brian,and right handed people use their left side of the brian :confused: and that people who think with their right brian are smarter,though I've never seen the evidence*LOL*

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else signed up for a brain transplant? I have. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)

I would say that is an urban-legend, and has no truth behind it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1263758.stm

Above is an article by the BBC on precisely this issue, scientists claim that they have succeeded in transplanting a monkeys head from one monkey to another and that the result survived for a few days.

I would say that it may be possible but if scientists have only now managed a partial sucess with a monkey, I fail to see how someone could survive for years after such surgery in the USSR a while back.

I don't dispute that they may have attempted such a procedure, but I doubt it was the success you mentioned. If you had stated he had died the next day, but been able to regain conciousness first then I would believe you, but to survive 2 years is unlikely

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.