The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

does rejection for summer analyst positions affect how they look at grad scheme apps? Basically my apps this year were substandard i think so i'm getting bare rejected and now my chances rely on grad schemes next year
Does anyone have any insight on the Nomura IBD AC / final round?

Can exchange for grad at DB IBD (first round) or Citi CMO (first + final round). Otherwise, if you are feeling in a good mood the advice will be still be mega appreciated haha.
Original post by spm23510
does rejection for summer analyst positions affect how they look at grad scheme apps? Basically my apps this year were substandard i think so i'm getting bare rejected and now my chances rely on grad schemes next year

No, summer has no significance for grad apps if you were rejected before meeting the bankers from the business.
Reply 8063
How full are JPM and GS. I think that my country is usually one of the last they check....
Original post by ibiska
looool fml (or our lives?)

your lives don't seem too bad right now lool :colonhash:
Does anyone know what MUFG securities interviews are like?
Original post by Epok
Signed JP, looking to renege for an EB. Wonderful how different people are.

Are you mad?
Anyone heard from Barclays IBD? Submitted my CV about a month ago but still haven't heard back, although I was told I would hear back soon. Safe to expect rejection or?
Reply 8068
Original post by econforlife26
Hi guys,

Oxford Econ & Management applicant here. Came second in the year in first year exams and have attended big bank insight days previously. Applied in August/September, attended campus events, play university level cricket, president of college cricket club and prepared for technical interview questions in interviews.

Still no offer and now only have GS and JPM left and both have not responded though I applied in September. Rejected from everywhere else.

What options do I have?

Feel like a loser.

Mate don't give up. I've just been offered Citi Private Banking after over 40 rejections (last springs and this summer) without even getting an interview from anyone.
I think the one thing that perhaps doesn't get enough credit is genuine passion and ambition, just make sure you are portraying that on your apps.
Look at me I got rejected from over 50 spring week applications; got 3 offers. Converted none of them (non-convertible spring weeks LOL) and still getting rejected left right and centre now :smile: :smile: :smile: after 65 applications and counting (cue consulting applications when they open in December / over the holidays)
Original post by tazza ma razza
Look at me I got rejected from over 50 spring week applications; got 3 offers. Converted none of them (non-convertible spring weeks LOL) and still getting rejected left right and centre now :smile: :smile: :smile: after 65 applications and counting (cue consulting applications when they open in December / over the holidays)

What’s the point of focusing on the negatives

You ben doing 1 application a day for the past 2 months? Genuine q, how hav u balanced uni work with so many apps?
Original post by Gladiatorsword
You ben doing 1 application a day for the past 2 months? Genuine q, how hav u balanced uni work with so many apps?

only got one jan exam and one course work so been priotising those lectures, seminar work etc. Attendance is like 90% across everything only missing stuff for interviews/ACs/medical reasons. Not that hard negl
only got one jan exam and one course work so been priotising those lectures, seminar work etc. Attendance is like 90% across everything only missing stuff for interviews/ACs/medical reasons. Not that hard negl

Which consulting firms open apps in december?
can we update cv for rbc?
Original post by MScCandidate1
Anyone heard from Barclays IBD? Submitted my CV about a month ago but still haven't heard back, although I was told I would hear back soon. Safe to expect rejection or?

Same position as you. I was about to ask this question actually.

Up until now i have been operating under the assumption that is good news (not hearing) as they have been rejecting people left right centre since CV upload. However they have also been inviting candidates for AC’s so I’m really not sure what the deal is with ours!

brah I applied to every single spring week and it was far less than 50, there are maybe around 15 places that offer spring weeks lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone has experience applying to MS/GS off-cycle? Anyone in the application process? Do you know how long it takes for them to get back to you post test?
Has anyone else completed the skyrise city assessment for RBS? Did you all also get 1000 as score?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gmanijn592
I am willing to trade. I have the Macquarie video interview. I am willing to trade information

Hey man! Was wondering if you can send me the questions for Macquarie and HSBC?

Latest

Trending

Trending