The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Svizzera
One was asking what it was like to deal with a problem in your work in the past and how you handled it, tbh can't remember the others. You get like a minute to prepare and it starts recording automatically

I doubt that I even get sent a video haha. I have only just completed my application form
Original post by trantran
I doubt that I even get sent a video haha. I have only just completed my application form

No worries. Chances are that if you meet the minimum qualifications, they'll send you a video invite, it's just a means to whittle down the number of applicants
Original post by AspiringBanker
Anyone had an AC for the following summer internships: HSBC Markets, JP Morgan AM, UBS Markets or BAML markets? Not had one myself just checking if they’ve given out AC invites! Also anyone got a Goldman hirevue for IMD?

Yes N/A No Yes
Original post by Emmenay
Yes N/A No Yes

Is that this for this year? When was your HSBC AC??
As the name states, I have some experience in the PE field. I was wondering how would it be best to answer the 'how do we know you won't run off to PE after 2 years' question IBs will give?
Is that this for this year? When was your HSBC AC??

Mine is next week. A friend had one last week though, Tuesday I think.
Original post by Emmenay
Mine is next week. A friend had one last week though, Tuesday I think.

Is your HSBC AC for markets? :smile:
Anyone else passed santander tests? probably one of the easiest banks to get into along with lloyds lol. Good back up plan.
Anyone had an AC for the following summer internships: HSBC Markets, JP Morgan AM, UBS Markets or BAML markets? Not had one myself just checking if they’ve given out AC invites! Also anyone got a Goldman hirevue for IMD?

Got:
- DB AM AC on Wednesday
Had:
- HSBC AC for AM (Rej)
Waiting for:
- JPM AM AC (no response as of yet)
- BAML Research (no response other than the standard emails)
- Any response from GS for IMD
- About 25 other responses lol
Original post by gman999
Anyone else passed santander tests? probably one of the easiest banks to get into along with lloyds lol. Good back up plan.

what division are you applying to at Santander?
Original post by Student8094
what division are you applying to at Santander?

Sgcb- global corporate banking. The most popular and with the highest salary.
Original post by gman999
Sgcb- global corporate banking. The most popular and with the highest salary.

think every man and his dog is applying to this division!
Original post by tazza ma razza
think every man and his dog is applying to this division!

Haha i dont blame them. I dont think any guy on here would settle for a graduate salary less than £30k.
Original post by gman999
Haha i dont blame them. I dont think any guy on here would settle for a graduate salary less than £30k.

haha yup true dat #gobigorgohome and that lol
Also, quick qn on the topic of back ups; what are your back ups / plan to have as a back up?

Personally got a tech firm as mine - will say no more as to not bait myself out.
haha yup true dat #gobigorgohome and that lol

so "going big" in the UK means >30k? lol you guys are tough
Original post by Blankfein Jr.
so "going big" in the UK means >30k? lol you guys are tough

Well yh considering national average wage is around £30,247; earning above this average wage as a graduate is always nice isn't it. Besides, I never mentioned by how much we can expect to go big ie 40k > 30k as 100k > 30k.
Anyone done or going to an RBC IB summer AC day? Can trade for a few banks and PE firms.
Original post by midlandeast
Anyone done or going to an RBC IB summer AC day? Can trade for a few banks and PE firms.

which PE firms did you apply to?
which PE firms did you apply to?

Ardian, Evercore PCA and a mid-market PE fund.

Latest

Trending

Trending