The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Core Mathematics C34 WMA02 JUNE 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Guys I checked up on 2017-2015 all the grade boundaries for c12,c34, d1, s1 and m1, and then made a table for the required raw marks for each UMS band. Let's use it to predict grade boundaries for us :P
Reply 21
What was difficult about the paper? Any specific topics and what did you have to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
lol dude in june 14 A* was on 102 so...

I have done 14 and I've got 120/125 for that , but the C34 ytd is definitely harder than 2014's lol
Original post by Amirali_Mr
I consider myself a strong candidate in Maths, and I needed an A* for this paper, and I feel like i will get 115-120 marks (out of 125). However, from my experience this was a relatively hard paper. Q's 1-10 were very easy but 11-14 did get more challenging. I was tight on time which was unusual as I regularly aim to finish these papers in atleast 2 hour and spend 30 minutes on checking. So for those who feel it was really hard, I wouldnt worry too much as the grade boundaries will be lower than before.

Exactly I usually finish c34 within 70 mins but I spent like nearly 2 hours ytd lol thinking the boundary of A* will not be like 2017 Jan, which is 115... I guess 105 max for this year
Original post by kakako025
Exactly I usually finish c34 within 70 mins but I spent like nearly 2 hours ytd lol thinking the boundary of A* will not be like 2017 Jan, which is 115... I guess 105 max for this year

yeah 105 for a* AND below 95 for A
Reply 25
does anyone happen to have/ know where to find the yesterday's c34 paper questions?
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
how was your exam?
i found it really hard and challenging. couldnt finish in time

It was ****. The first 5 questions were okay but afterwards it all went downhill. It felt like being in a small car crash and then all of a sudden being hit by a bullet train.
Btw does anyone remember what they got for their A,B,C values for their integration by parts?
Reply 27
Original post by totalcypriot
It was ****. The first 5 questions were okay but afterwards it all went downhill. It felt like being in a small car crash and then all of a sudden being hit by a bullet train.
Btw does anyone remember what they got for their A,B,C values for their integration by parts?

What was this question again?

Any idea what is tye range of marks to get a full mark (200/200 usm)?
Original post by totalcypriot

If i remember correctly A= 2 B= -4 C= 3
Reply 30
Does anyone remember any questions?
Original post by Qetuopiyrw

usually summer has a lower boundary than winter series. Jan series is 110+ while I hv never seen any summer boundary higher than 110 ( anyways it's not a must ) . This paper is not very very hard but the time is quite tight that if more time is allowed I believe it's still ok. Boundary this year should be around 105 or says 108 max . I have checked 2015 and 2014 summer paper which hv boundaries like 101102, I think those papers are easier than 2017's. BUTTTT, you can see an increasing trend of the boundaries that 2016>2015>2014... so I'm not sure 😂Just taking a guess haha

Oh sorry I'm talking about the A* boundary but for 200/200 UMS. If u got more than 120 sth I think you can get a full UMS cuz this year is harder. Depends on the boundary, my frd took the exam in Jan . He got 123/125 for raw mark but only 196/200 for UMS cuz Jan series has a high boundary that 115 is A*. (112.5 is 90% of 125)
Reply 33
usually summer has a lower boundary than winter series. Jan series is 110+ while I hv never seen any summer boundary higher than 110 ( anyways it's not a must ) . This paper is not very very hard but the time is quite tight that if more time is allowed I believe it's still ok. Boundary this year should be around 105 or says 108 max . I have checked 2015 and 2014 summer paper which hv boundaries like 101102, I think those papers are easier than 2017's. BUTTTT, you can see an increasing trend of the boundaries that 2016>2015>2014... so I'm not sure 😂Just taking a guess haha

This paper was more difficult than the hardest papers, and 14 questions as well. It could well be be 100 for A*, 105 max!!!!
Reply 34
If i remember correctly A= 2 B= -4 C= 3

What question was this exactly?
Original post by MS1998
This paper was more difficult than the hardest papers, and 14 questions as well. It could well be be 100 for A*, 105 max!!!!

Gosh let's pray haha jkjk. I thought that integration is hard but after finishing exam I solved it. 14 questions are long af dunno why edexcel people are making longer and longer paper for wasting the natural resources. I think 108 max cuz I see an increasing trend of the boundary maybe people are getting smarter haha . If ignoring the trend , I agree wif urs
Reply 36
Gosh let's pray haha jkjk. I thought that integration is hard but after finishing exam I solved it. 14 questions are long af dunno why edexcel people are making longer and longer paper for wasting the natural resources. I think 108 max cuz I see an increasing trend of the boundary maybe people are getting smarter haha . If ignoring the trend , I agree wif urs

The trend was increasing because the difficulty of the papers never increased some were quite challenging or decent, whilst students had more resources so were better prepared. But this year the majority of students found the paper hellish and long.

Q14 was not too challenging, but you had to know each of ur steps or else ur at a dead end. Happened to me, i forgot cos^2 and ended up with - 12/24 or something and i couldn't proceed :P

Q11, Q12, Q13, were also increasingly difficult.

Usually the other papers were average, with one or two challenging questions. This paper was fairly easy at the start, average in the middle, then significantly more challenging than the usual 'hard questions towards the end where the majority of the marks were.

I hope an A* boundary is below 100. That would be a dream come true.
Original post by MS1998
The trend was increasing because the difficulty of the papers never increased some were quite challenging or decent, whilst students had more resources so were better prepared. But this year the majority of students found the paper hellish and long.

Q14 was not too challenging, but you had to know each of ur steps or else ur at a dead end. Happened to me, i forgot cos^2 and ended up with - 12/24 or something and i couldn't proceed :P

Q11, Q12, Q13, were also increasingly difficult.

Usually the other papers were average, with one or two challenging questions. This paper was fairly easy at the start, average in the middle, then significantly more challenging than the usual 'hard questions towards the end where the majority of the marks were.

I hope an A* boundary is below 100. That would be a dream come true.

Really??? Most of ur frds feel hard??? 😂I dun hv many frds taking IAL so I'm not sure. I hope it's as low as possible :smile: I have done all the past papers from 2005 twice and I think this paper is harder than previous ones but not very very hard .
Reply 38
Really??? Most of ur frds feel hard??? 😂I dun hv many frds taking IAL so I'm not sure. I hope it's as low as possible :smile: I have done all the past papers from 2005 twice and I think this paper is harder than previous ones but not very very hard .

That's because you did all the papers xD twice!!!

I didnt have much time so I only did all the IAL papers in 3 days and did some c4 c3 papers seperately but I got 115+ in all the IAL papers and 68+ in all the c3,c4 papers. Im expecting to get 90/125 for this paper.

Not my friends, no one took it haha. Read this forum, read all the forums, everyone thought its hard, look at the polls, majority says its hard af, and the one who say it was super easy are trolling lol.

It was not a demonic paper where the A* boundary will be 90 or something but definitely challenging where A* could be lower than 105.
Original post by MS1998
That's because you did all the papers xD twice!!!

I didnt have much time so I only did all the IAL papers in 3 days and did some c4 c3 papers seperately but I got 115+ in all the IAL papers and 68+ in all the c3,c4 papers. Im expecting to get 90/125 for this paper.

Not my friends, no one took it haha. Read this forum, read all the forums, everyone thought its hard, look at the polls, majority says its hard af, and the one who say it was super easy are trolling lol.

It was not a demonic paper where the A* boundary will be 90 or something but definitely challenging where A* could be lower than 105.

Yea I did the papers twice first time my average is 118-123 sth and the second time ( after 1 month) I got 123+ for all papers and 70+ for c3,4. But not all people would do this like me haha and I did read most of the forums only 1 guy said it's easy and his/her paper will be used as mark scheme ( obviously trolling x) gd luck for ya!!!

Quick Reply

Latest