The Student Room Group

Have your say: 8 most asked open day questions

Attending university open days is often an exciting experience but it can also be quite overwhelming. It’s normal to be unsure about what to expect and have a bunch of questions you’re itching to have answered.

So to ease your nerves, we’ve gathered some of the most frequently asked questions about open days and answered them for you.

Go on, have a read.

Any questions we've missed out and you need answering? Ask away.
Nope.

I've done info stands at dozens of open days. The most frequently asked question is ALWAYS "where are the nearest toilets?"
Original post by Danny Dorito
Attending university open days is often an exciting experience but it can also be quite overwhelming. It’s normal to be unsure about what to expect and have a bunch of questions you’re itching to have answered.

So to ease your nerves, we’ve gathered some of the most frequently asked questions about open days and answered them for you.

Go on, have a read.

Any questions we've missed out and you need answering? Ask away.
Something else to put in: planning food breaks. I've known too many people who may plan it all incredibly carefully, but forget to find the time to eat because they get so excited. Make sure you leave a gap for lunch on your hectic schedule. It's better to come back again than overstretch yourself on one day and feel the worse for it.
Original post by 04MR17
Something else to put in: planning food breaks. I've known too many people who may plan it all incredibly carefully, but forget to find the time to eat because they get so excited. Make sure you leave a gap for lunch on your hectic schedule. It's better to come back again than overstretch yourself on one day and feel the worse for it.

I can admit to doing that at an open day recently, at a London Uni that shall remain nameless, primarily because I had a small time period to see everything in.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
I can admit to doing that at an open day recently, at a London Uni that shall remain nameless, primarily because I had a small time period to see everything in.
As with all of the things mentioned in the article, it varies by university. Durham for instance, extremely well-organised, you booked into each session, everything was timetabled to match, you had 20 min breaks between sessions for walking. At Cambridge, there was none of that, admittedly: Cambridge is a much bigger place and much bigger uni and so much harder to timetable, but it really was a case of power-walking over to colleges and then to Sigdwick and then back.
I always think of like 5 questions to ask the people then forget all of them, and as soon as I leave they all flood back into my brain :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending