What should I learn before starting Alevel Chemistry in September?

Watch
RomeeLola
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just finished my Gcses and wondering what i could learn to help me next year? Or if anyone has any advice. I am doing OCR Chemistry A.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RomeeLola)
Just finished my Gcses and wondering what i could learn to help me next year? Or if anyone has any advice. I am doing OCR Chemistry A.
Maybe look at getting yourself organised? Perhaps get the specifications printed off and create checklists so you can monitor your progress once you start. If you wanted to learn any content, maybe look at what topics clash with GCSE and brush up on these so you have the best base as possible
funky2722
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
buy the textbook and read through the organic stuff. Also learn the basic models etc.
RomeeLola
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Maybe look at getting yourself organised? Perhaps get the specifications printed off and create checklists so you can monitor your progress once you start. If you wanted to learn any content, maybe look at what topics clash with GCSE and brush up on these so you have the best base as possible
Okay thank you, that'll be useful!
RomeeLola
Rep:
?
(Original post by funky2722)
buy the textbook and read through the organic stuff. Also learn the basic models etc.
Thank you very much!
asinghj
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly, nothing.. Just relax and enjoy your holidays, you just did your GCSEs, so thats the least you can do right now... Just buy a relevant book close to September (the one endorsed by OCR is actulally pretty good).
.A_C.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you very much!
I think this book is a really good start! -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemistry-I...y+Need+to+Know

I have read the one in this same series of books for Biology, and despite being half way through a Biology degree it was really nice to recap some really basic (yet very important) topics such as evolution, genetics etc.

Having a good grasp of the basic areas of chemistry will help you understand the more complex content, while also preventing you keep looking at your GCSE notes and consulting the internet all the time! Although that's not a bad thing either..
RomeeLola
Rep:
?
(Original post by .A_C.)
I think this book is a really good start! -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemistry-I...y+Need+to+Know

I have read the one in this same series of books for Biology, and despite being half way through a Biology degree it was really nice to recap some really basic (yet very important) topics such as evolution, genetics etc.

Having a good grasp of the basic areas of chemistry will help you understand the more complex content, while also preventing you keep looking at your GCSE notes and consulting the internet all the time! Although that's not a bad thing either..
This is brilliant! thank you very much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads