The Student Room Group

Can you retake a different A level compared to those at AS and A2?

Hello,
I've done my a level biology exams this year and it's not look too great. Is it possible to take a gap year and pick up another subject for instance philosophy and ethics or politics? I really don't want to retake biology, no matter how hard I try the results are never in my favour. I'm willing to retake both AS and A2 for this subject and if I don't get atleast As in my other subjects (Psychology and English literature) I may retake those as well. Thank you !
Reply 1
Original post by Krishan Kalyan
Hello,
I've done my a level biology exams this year and it's not look too great. Is it possible to take a gap year and pick up another subject for instance philosophy and ethics or politics? I really don't want to retake biology, no matter how hard I try the results are never in my favour. I'm willing to retake both AS and A2 for this subject and if I don't get atleast As in my other subjects (Psychology and English literature) I may retake those as well. Thank you !

Yes, you can take a different subject in a gap year. It's up to you how you do this - you might go back to college for lessons, study through distance learning, or study at home independently. You would need to arrange to take your exams at an exam centre - many people use their previous school/college for this. You will be charged.
Original post by Juno
Yes, you can take a different subject in a gap year. It's up to you how you do this - you might go back to college for lessons, study through distance learning, or study at home independently. You would need to arrange to take your exams at an exam centre - many people use their previous school/college for this. You will be charged.

Thank you. Is it possible to do both AS and A2 in one whole year, on the new spec?
Reply 3
Original post by Krishan Kalyan
Thank you. Is it possible to do both AS and A2 in one whole year, on the new spec?

Yes, you can learn the whole content and just take the A level exam at the end. No need (or point) taking AS exams.
Original post by Compost
Yes, you can learn the whole content and just take the A level exam at the end. No need (or point) taking AS exams.

Hi,
Yes. Distance learning colleges like us, NEC, offer exactly this help, and you can get all the work done in the next ten months to take exams, summer 2018. Technically, for those two subjects it will be AS and A2, because they are still in the old format for the last time in 2018.
Daniel
Reply 5
For Philosophy and Ethics you'd have to take the new linear specn but for Politics it would be the old modular spec if you want it complete it in 2018.

Quick Reply

Latest