OCR Classics A2 discussion - Virgil & Roman History Watch

Jimmyandrews1000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A distinct lack of Classics discussion here so I figured I'd make a thread myself. So what questions did you guys do of these and any of the other classics papers and how well did you think went?
Jimmyandrews1000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jimmyandrews1000)
A distinct lack of Classics discussion here so I figured I'd make a thread myself. So what questions did you guys do of these and any of the other classics papers and how well did you think went?
Just finished my Virgil and Roman History A2 exam, a mixed bag for sure. Virgil questions were easier than the RH questions (was it just me or did they copy the 2015 paper?), but those 2 essay questions kinda threw me. I went War and Peace a opposed to Aeneas character, maybe wrong decision in hindsight. A2 I'm far more confident in though.
DidierMuller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went with question 1 on whether first half of Aeneid is better than second. And the role of women in aeneas' pursuit for Roman destiny. I went with essay on Aeneas as well
DidierMuller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Completely stressed now because I defined demoralised as someone without morals not as in someone who has lost morale
Jimmyandrews1000
Rep:
?
(Original post by DidierMuller)
Completely stressed now because I defined demoralised as someone without morals not as in someone who has lost morale
You should be fine, I'm fairly sure that as long as you gave a relatively cohesively argument as to why he had no morals they'll give you some marks - especially because it plays into the first part of the question. I almost went for women but then I literally remembered doing the Hector/Turnus essay in the 2015 past paper so I decided on that one. If you don't mind me asking, did you sit the Roman History paper?
DidierMuller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jimmyandrews1000)
You should be fine, I'm fairly sure that as long as you gave a relatively cohesively argument as to why he had no morals they'll give you some marks - especially because it plays into the first part of the question. I almost went for women but then I literally remembered doing the Hector/Turnus essay in the 2015 past paper so I decided on that one. If you don't mind me asking, did you sit the Roman History paper?
No sorry just the world of the hero and then art and architecture for our other module. Fingers crossed, my classics teacher said the exact same that as long as I've made valid points it shouldn't lower my grade. Really hard not to worry though Ahahha. Oh yes it took me 10 minutes to decide which commentary because both had pros and cons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (17)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (8)
6.72%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (24)
20.17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (19)
15.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (15)
12.61%
How can I be the best version of myself? (36)
30.25%

Watched Threads