username2642707
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, i dont know whether i have a chance for medicine if not, chemical engineering too. I do Biology, chemistry and maths. I think i got a B for maths and will get A/A* for biology and chem predicted grades. Do i have a chance for the foundation year. And do i have a chance for chemical engineering too?
Thanks
King42415
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First off, did you do a mechanics module with maths? If not, then you can't do chemical engineering (my source was only UofB, so there might be some places that will accept you). Also, if you applied to Universities that allow for AAA for medicine, then you might still have a chance of being able to do medicine depending on how much you missed the A by or how much you got the A*'s by.
username2642707
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by King42415)
First off, did you do a mechanics module with maths? If not, then you can't do chemical engineering (my source was only UofB, so there might be some places that will accept you). Also, if you applied to Universities that allow for AAA for medicine, then you might still have a chance of being able to do medicine depending on how much you missed the A by or how much you got the A*'s by.
Hi, yes i do mechanics. Would i get a better chance doing medicine with foundation year?
King42415
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by afghan-superman)
Hi, yes i do mechanics. Would i get a better chance doing medicine with foundation year?
For many Universities, it depends on where you live and current GCSE attainment and courses you are doing in A level and things like that. For example, I think Manchester required that you don't do chemistry, which is a bit of a bummmer and UEA requires that you already live in the near area. Look up which Universities do foundation years and see what their requirements are. This course differs a lot in requirements for Universities, so you have a chance
I'm going to apply for Medicine with a foundation year at Nottingham, since I meet all their requirements for the course, but don't for the normal 5 year course of Medicine (which is one of their requirements). For the normal course, they require at least 6 A*/A, and I only have 4A* and 1A :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (77)
63.64%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.36%

Watched Threads