Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey i got my GCSE results today and im really worried as i don't think they're good enough to study medicine.... i got 4A*s 3As and 3Bs. I got better than this in my mocks so i wasdn't pleased at all!To make it worse I got BB in science!will they accept me?I even got AA in my mocks...how annoying!please give me some advice!!
    my teacher did a break down of my results .... i got about 75% and 70% on my chemistry and biology exam but really bad in Physics.... a measly 49%!annoyingly this amde my whole grade drop to a BB.... im gutted!!
    another question is i'm taking Chemistry, Biology Music and History for my Alevels....is this a good choice?I'm pants at Physics and Maths!After all isn't it better to get A's than chance getting bad grades in subjects i not only hate but cant do either!
    please help as i have a real passion for medicine and becoming a doctor!!

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with your grades they are excellent. And they should be fine for most med schools. Have you looked at the entry requirements of the universities you are interested in? Maybe that would give you a better idea of where you stand because you seem to be under the impression you've done badly? I got BB at GCSE double science and like you it was physics that let me down. But i didn't find any problems with my grades when applying.

here and here should be able to help you with any more questions you have.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.