The Student Room Group

Online homelearning scheme vs Self teaching

I was wondering which is better/ more beneficial, online home learning scheme or just self-teaching. I understand self-teaching is far more cost-effective. Also what is provided if one decides to go through an online scheme ( i mean what additional resources not initially available).

BTW... I'm interested in A-levels.
Reply 1
Original post by TheNumbere
I was wondering which is better/ more beneficial, online home learning scheme or just self-teaching. I understand self-teaching is far more cost-effective. Also what is provided if one decides to go through an online scheme ( i mean what additional resources not initially available).

BTW... I'm interested in A-levels.

What is provided depends on which online provider you go for, but generally you'll have to arrange the exams yourself and that's the hard bit. You might get access to a tutor that you can email or phone, and can send work to. They will provide you with textbooks, worksheets and quizzes. They may set targets and try to encourage you to achieve them.

But if you're motivated, you can set your own targets. You could ask your mum/friend to ask you how you're going. You could download some software that blocks specific websites or even the entire internet, so that you can't procrastinate online. You can buy your own textbooks. You can ask questions on TSR or even hire a private tutor if you get stuck.
Reply 2
Thanks man! appreciate the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest