The Student Room Group

*All* mosques in the UK should be supervised?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PTMalewski
https://youtu.be/95GxhqjHZ3E

Then check your internet connection.

You need a vpn to view it, the video is blocked in the UK.
I've seen similar abusive behaviour but inside churches as I have never been to a mosque

Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Unless they can get undercover members which would make the whole scheme even more difficult to orchestrate and probably more fruitless

I don't think that would be as easy as it sounds
Original post by Kravence
You need a vpn to view it, the video is blocked in the UK.
I've seen similar abusive behaviour but inside churches as I have never been to a mosque

exactly so this idea is not as good as it sounds, but i think the good muslim mosques would happily welcome an eager stranger so it may be a better way than youd think
Tbh, as a Muslim (not being bias), I think Muslims aren't even really being radicalised in mosques. They set out for Syria and Afghanistan and are yet allowed to return to the UK because the government can't be bothered to actually do their job !! What even Theresa May ....?
I think the real vicious danger lies online, quick google search of tor browser ans a 2 minuted download gives you access to the most horrific crap known to mankind on the dark web, this is where the true radicalism lies- these "new generation terrorists" use the internet just as much as you or I, just looking at different things
Also find it funny how they wanna restore us to the dark ages in terms of education culture and society but do so using the internet, surprise surprise theyre hypocrites.
Original post by Lychee627

This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Says the same thing tbh , i can screenshot if you want tomorrow as I am revising for my exam rn

I've posted a record, which as you said yourself was from Channel 4, as an evidence that there may be islamic schools in UK that teach hate (so it shouldn't be hard to figure out the same may happen in a mosque).

You may either insist on accusing that I'd lied and posted a fake link, or think for a second and change your mind or use software to mirror your location for youtube and find out. You're probably younger than me, so you should be the one who is clever with computers.

Original post by Kravence

Unless they can get undercover members which would make the whole scheme even more difficult to orchestrate and probably more fruitless

Well, the official supervisions will surely be fruitless. If they have something to hide, they'll do it when they now they are under observation.
All you need are some undercover agents, preferably of arabic apperance who know their ways and can blend into the crowd. It would be easier than checking schools.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Dodgypirate
Unfortunately, there is a long track record of mosques radicalising people in Britain. This is a fact. We need to make sure mosques aren't radicalising young people into coming such terrible acts.

We need to discriminate between different mosques: the ones that are full of with radical hate preachers, and the ones that aren't.

I'm more than willing to accept that many aren't, but it's not an excuse not to check them.

This is a real problem.

Or we can look at Saudi Arabian funded mosques that fund extremism and target them?

Unfortunately its all speculation because the govt is too scared to reveal the anti islamist terrorist report as they will upset the saudis.

Instead of jumping on this website and creating this rhetoric where all muslims are placed into one basket, have a go at our prime minister who doesnt even seem to want to put the facts out there.
If someone that attends the mosque is suspected of being radicalised then the mosque should be investigated.

We've seen it with Abedi that the mosque he attended had ex-LIFG members, who quite openly fundraised for terror. If police had gone and interviewed at the mosque, perhaps these people could have been intercepted etc.

I also think it's important that mosques funded from abroad (specifically, from countries with poor records or extremism etc., Cough Saudi) are investigated for Wahhabism.

It's about the government acknowledging that there is a (small) problem that needs to be stamped out, balanced with the need not to alienate people that worship in these places. And, of course, the budget and manpower to investigate.

And yes, the same should be done for Churches regarding abuse, and indeed any religious centre/place of indoctrination where people may get access to extremist material.
Reply 47
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
I think the real vicious danger lies online, quick google search of tor browser ans a 2 minuted download gives you access to the most horrific crap known to mankind on the dark web, this is where the true radicalism lies- these "new generation terrorists" use the internet just as much as you or I, just looking at different things
Also find it funny how they wanna restore us to the dark ages in terms of education culture and society but do so using the internet, surprise surprise theyre hypocrites.

What islamophobes like OP seem to not understand is that for a complex problem, the answer isnt simply "monitor all mosques" or "ban all muslims" etc etc.

We need to analyse it further, really get down to the root cause, right down to finding out what server ISIS are using to communicate with british people or whatever. These "umbrella" solutions show the intelligence of a halfwit, that's why internet islamophobes will stay just as that; morons whove failed their lives and lurk on the internet.
Reply 48
Original post by hamzaahmad786
What's more hilarious is hardly anyone is discussing the elephant in the room, the war of terror which has seen more than half a million civilians slaughtered, maybe, just maybe that has something to do with it?!
I have yet to see a cogent argument as to why the deaths of Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis (mostly at the hands of their countrymen) should make British civilians want to kill other British civilians, in Britain. But feel free to present one.
Reply 49
Original post by Kyou
Who would be sent to supervise it? The supervisor would have to be someone who is sure to have 0 bias. What type of person would be suitable for this role? Can you even find a person who would fit this criteria?
Me!
Reply 50
The mosques are irrelevant.

People can become radicalised by any number of means, the internet, everyday life, reading books, watching films etc.

Islam is the problem - not extremists or radicalisation,
Reply 51
Original post by HAnwar
After Sunday's terrorist attack all non Muslim centres in the UK should be supervised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The ones that promote a violent, intolerant and divisive ideology perhaps should be.
(I don't think that mosques should be "supervised", BTW, before you get your undergarments in a twist)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dodgypirate
Unfortunately, there is a long track record of mosques radicalising people in Britain. This is a fact. We need to make sure mosques aren't radicalising young people into coming such terrible acts.

We need to discriminate between different mosques: the ones that are full of with radical hate preachers, and the ones that aren't.

I'm more than willing to accept that many aren't, but it's not an excuse not to check them.

This is a real problem.

Seriously, you don't think MI5 are LREADY monitoring all mosques. Take a seat Einstein, the problems int he world are more complicated than this...

But seriously, something is not a fact just because you say, "this is a fact". That is just stupid.

How many mosques have you visited? because i have been going all my life, do you know better than me?
Original post by r3035
The mosques are irrelevant.

People can become radicalised by any number of means, the internet, everyday life, reading books, watching films etc.

Islam is the problem - not extremists or radicalisation,

You hit the nail on the head. You are a genius. Perhaps run for office with the slogan "let's wage war against 1.8 billion of the human race."

Islam is here to stay m8, deal with it or get a hobby.

BUT WAIT, i have a better idea m8: maybe if other governments stop invading Muslim countries, stealing oil, killing millions of civilians, we wouldn't have this annoying and troublesome 0.00001% of Muslims who do horrible terrorist acts.
Original post by aalmisry

BUT WAIT, i have a better idea m8: maybe if other governments stop invading Muslim countries, stealing oil, killing millions of civilians, we wouldn't have this annoying and troublesome 0.00001% of Muslims who do horrible terrorist acts.

It has nothing to do with invading muslim countries. The ISIS kills mainly other muslims, yazidis and local christians, what they on Earth have to do with western attacks?

[QUOTE="aalmisry;72313944"]
You hit the nail on the head. You are a genius. Perhaps run for office with the slogan "let's wage war against 1.8 billion of the human race."

Islam is here to stay m8, deal with it or get a hobby.

Ideologies (and all religions are ideologies) are the sources of many problems indeed and we should get rid of them. Of course this cannot be done by tomorrow, but schools should teach a proper scientific knowledge and thinking, while lots of, including some of the best islamic schools, do the contrary. The more critical someone is, the less likely he'll kill someone in the name of his beliefs.

I know this guy works for a paranoic Alex Johnes, but this questions are a must before starting another fruitless arguments like many everywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eah1niD0dqs
(edited 6 years ago)
[QUOTE="PTMalewski;72314058"]It has nothing to do with invading muslim countries. The ISIS kills mainly other muslims, yazidis and local christians, what they on Earth have to do with western attacks?

Ideologies (and all religions are ideologies) are the sources of many problems indeed and we should get rid of them. Of course this cannot be done by tomorrow, but schools should teach a proper scientific knowledge and thinking, while lots of, including some of the best islamic schools, do the contrary. The more critical someone is, the less likely he'll kill someone in the name of his beliefs.

That's a handy fact/statistic you threw in there in the end. Got any proof? What religion was stalin then?

Secondly, theology is totally different than science. No contradiction of learning both. I do every day. So you shouldn't confuse the two.
Original post by PTMalewski
It has nothing to do with invading muslim countries. The ISIS kills mainly other muslims, yazidis and local christians, what they on Earth have to do with western attacks?

I agree 100% Muslims are the victims of ISIS, so how do you think we feel!?

But where did ISIS emerge from?! the bloodiest and most violent region on earth since the 2003 invasion. 1400 years and ISIS never emerged from a Muslim country.

That is what they have to do with the Western attacks.
1400 years and ISIS never emerged from a Muslim country.

So it is enough to drop some bombs, and kill some arabic dictators to make some muslims turn into members of ISIS?

The Muslim scholars persecuted their own greatest thinkers in history such as Averroes, and muslim countries had several periods of fanatism which led to persecutions of Christians and Jews, so it was not as bad as ISIS, but things close to it emerged from those on their own.

That's a handy fact/statistic you threw in there in the end. Got any proof?

Yes. It's logic and knowledge of history. Mainly on the religious wars, critics of intolerance and biographies of philosophers.

What religion was stalin then?

Stalin blindly followed the Bolshevik doctrine and his own paranoia. The communist doctrine was unquestionable and Stalin was an object of cult, like a god elswhere would be. Bolshevism had core qualities of religion.

-It claimed it was the only truth.
-It was unquestionable
-It had own forms and objects of cult.

It was a materialistic religion of its own, with a holy trinity of Marx, Engels and Lenin, and their Pope, Joseph Stalin.

Secondly, theology is totally different than science. No contradiction of learning both. I do every day. So you shouldn't confuse the two.

I do not confuse. If I was thinking the two were the same, I would not have so much disrespect for all that made up and badly designed misleading nonsense.

This is exactly why religion must go wrong sooner or later (if it wasn't wrong at the very start, and it probably always is)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Popper#Philosophy_of_science
(edited 6 years ago)
they also need to stop all islamic immigration and deal with prisons
Original post by hamzaahmad786
Hilarious, terrorist's hardly frequent the mosques. In fact they've been banned from most.

What's more hilarious is hardly anyone is discussing the elephant in the room, the war of terror which has seen more than half a million civilians slaughtered, maybe, just maybe that has something to do with it?!

This war on terror is just a front for these terrorists; an excuse for their barbarism.
You can not sensibly stop wars and oppression by causing more wars and oppression, which is what these terror groups clearly do.

And to be perfectly honest, considering your username, you should be careful how you say those words, as you don't want people to think you're defending these terrorists.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending