butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
can someone please explain the process of clearing to me.

what is it/ who goes through it etc. etc.

highly appreciate it
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
I think it's when you don't get accepted into your first or insurance university choice. If you decide you still want to go to uni, you go into clearing and basically look for free spaces at unis that'll accept you with your grades
butfirst_coffee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think it's when you don't get accepted into your first or insurance university choice. If you decide you still want to go to uni, you go into clearing and basically look for free spaces at unis that'll accept you with your grades
so you still get the subject you want, just at another university?
butfirst_coffee
Rep:
?
mind telling me what exactly happened?

(Original post by LordBerkut)
I went through clearing a few months ago. It was a long and expensive process but now thankfully I'm free of thetans.
username1942323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No one is answering the htread seriously

:rip: TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KittenMediaya)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's posted in the wrong forum...

Clearing is a UCAS system that ensures you'll have an university place even if you miss your offers. Universities posts courses that are available because there is a surplus of places left in clearing for prospective applicants who missed their offers to browse and reapply to. Usually by means of calling the clearing hotlines of the university directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by butfirst_coffee)

highly appreciate it
Clearing is for when you miss your offers and don't get accepted in to your firm or insurance basically you phone up unis most will have dedicated clearing line and beg for a course that you might like. If there is one pice of advice i can give you about clearing it's do not callus places you have been rejected from even if they as for lower grades in clearing that dream is over move on if you act fast there is no reason you can't still get to a good uni.
butfirst_coffee
Rep:
?
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
Clearing is for when you miss your offers and don't get accepted in to your firm or insurance basically you phone up unis most will have dedicated clearing line and beg for a course that you might like. If there is one pice of advice i can give you about clearing it's do not callus places you have been rejected from even if they as for lower grades in clearing that dream is over move on if you act fast there is no reason you can't still get to a good uni.
Thank you! That's very informative..

Also sounds super scary...
ShadowSeeker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

didnt mine make sense
or clear enough?:rofl3::rofl:
ShadowSeeker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
There you go Kitten the proper answer in full

(Original post by jonathanemptage)
JamieHarris1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is clearing quite an easy process?
butfirst_coffee
Rep:
?
(Original post by ShadowSeeker)
didnt mine make sense
or clear enough?:rofl3::rofl:
Too brief...and you added 'I think' at the end of it haha:P
physicsamor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Clearing will be my bestfriend in two months
username459260
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

highly appreciate it
It is basically a process of going through your bedroom cupboards and throwing away anything you don't want (or giving it to a charity shop).

Generally, people "clear" their cupboards when they are bored, or if they have OCD.
username1942323
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
It's posted in the wrong forum...

Clearing is a UCAS system that ensures you'll have an university place even if you miss your offers. Universities posts courses that are available because there is a surplus of places left in clearing for prospective applicants who missed their offers to browse and reapply to. Usually by means of calling the clearing hotlines of the university directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, do we have to write a personal statement again to be accepted?
They want you to have the grades required too i'm guessing...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wolfmoon88
Report 3 years ago
Oh, do we have to write a personal statement again to be accepted?
They want you to have the grades required too i'm guessing...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on if the course you are applying to in clearing. If it differs greatly from the course you applied to originally then perhaps you will need a new PS. If it is the same or similar courses, then you probably won't need to write a new one.

Yes you need the grades they say they require for the courses they release into clearing.
Bucks New University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hi there,

I've seen you're worried about Clearing. It's important to remember that there will be loads of students all in the same boat, and although it can seem a stressful time there's loads of help and advice out there which will hopefully guide you through the process.

It's important to remember that Clearing isn't just for those who missed their offers or didn't get their grades. If you're late in deciding that uni is for you and you make your UCAS application after 30 June, you'll automatically be entered into Clearing too. Or, if you've changed your mind about what you want to study or where, Clearing could be for you too.

Clearing officially opens on 5 July. If you've already received your exam results by then but are holding no offers, you can use Clearing from this date. If you're not holding any offers, or have conditional offers and find your exams didn't quite go to plan, you can enter Clearing the day you receive your results.

Not meeting your offers also doesn't automatically mean you'll be rejected and have to go through Clearing. If your application is strong, your chosen university may still offer you a place. I'd recommend checking your UCAS track as soon as you can when you've received your results, just to check what your situation is.

It's great that you're starting to think about your options early though - this means you can be prepared when you receive your results for whatever comes your way.

Feel free to head over to the Bucks New University forum and check out our Clearing thread - on here there's our 5 step guide to how to prepare for Clearing. We'll be adding more information on there over the next few weeks too so keep an eye out!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Good luck with everything!

Laura
Bucks New University TSR rep
Basiil17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bucks New University)
Hi there,

I've seen you're worried about Clearing. It's important to remember that there will be loads of students all in the same boat, and although it can seem a stressful time there's loads of help and advice out there which will hopefully guide you through the process.

It's important to remember that Clearing isn't just for those who missed their offers or didn't get their grades. If you're late in deciding that uni is for you and you make your UCAS application after 30 June, you'll automatically be entered into Clearing too. Or, if you've changed your mind about what you want to study or where, Clearing could be for you too.

Clearing officially opens on 5 July. If you've already received your exam results by then but are holding no offers, you can use Clearing from this date. If you're not holding any offers, or have conditional offers and find your exams didn't quite go to plan, you can enter Clearing the day you receive your results.

Not meeting your offers also doesn't automatically mean you'll be rejected and have to go through Clearing. If your application is strong, your chosen university may still offer you a place. I'd recommend checking your UCAS track as soon as you can when you've received your results, just to check what your situation is.

It's great that you're starting to think about your options early though - this means you can be prepared when you receive your results for whatever comes your way.

Feel free to head over to the Bucks New University forum and check out our Clearing thread - on here there's our 5 step guide to how to prepare for Clearing. We'll be adding more information on there over the next few weeks too so keep an eye out!

Laura
Two bits to add to this for the OP, most course availability is After the 17th August, and the forum mentioned is the Buckinghamshire New University forum ( press the words)
butfirst_coffee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bucks New University)
Hi there,

Laura
Thank you! Ill check out the thread. Thanks a lot for the detailed/ helpful answer.
butfirst_coffee
Rep:
?
(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
Two bits to add to this for the OP, most course availability is After the 17th August, and the forum mentioned is the Buckinghamshire New University forum ( press the words)
Do clearing courses also have minimum entry requirements? Or would they take anyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (159)
58.24%
No they should not (84)
30.77%
Abstain (30)
10.99%

Watched Threads