The Student Room Group

Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I received an email on the 13th June from the DAS stating that the Home Office was interested in offering me a position and I would be contacted by the 27th June.....Still nothing... I have been emailing the DAS each week who then tell me that I will hear from the Home Office within the week. I was given a new deadline of hearing from the Home Office - 21st July - if I haven't heard by then I will call them on Monday.
I received my initial DAS email on the 25th of May, and since then have heard absolutely nothing. I am currently in the position of having to pay a deposit on a Masters in the next couple of weeks, so I am very anxious to hear back about this before I'm financially locked in. I've sent a couple of emails asking them when I'm likely to hear back but none of them have gotten a response. Is anyone else facing a complete wall of silence? Feeling a bit disheartened at this point
I've also heard nothing back so far. I've called them a few times over the past couple of weeks and they keep telling me that lots of the departments are being slow to respond and that I'll be contacted in the next few days.. However I'm still yet to hear anything and also need to know quite urgently!
Got an email that the foreign office will be in contact by 21st July with a conditional offer letter. Let's see if they manage to make contact by the end of this week!
Reply 24
Original post by HappySmiles009
Got an email that the foreign office will be in contact by 21st July with a conditional offer letter. Let's see if they manage to make contact by the end of this week!

I got the same, fingers crossed!!
I'm also still waiting on a response for a HEO position in the BEIS, haven't heard anything about it yet. The letter mentioned an open evening in late July, has anyone had any more information on when or where that will be?
Reply 26
I was told 2 days ago that my application had been handed to a department on the 5th July and they had until the 19th of July to get back to the DAS. I'm still waiting on a response but these things do take time.
Original post by 95whelan
I'm also still waiting on a response for a HEO position in the BEIS, haven't heard anything about it yet. The letter mentioned an open evening in late July, has anyone had any more information on when or where that will be?

I believe BEIS is the department I've also been assigned to but haven't received any letter or heard anything about an open evening? When did you receive the letter?

The date isn't being communicated until after the department has received all expression of interest forms submitted up to and including 21st July.

Original post by samantha7
I believe BEIS is the department I've also been assigned to but haven't received any letter or heard anything about an open evening? When did you receive the letter?

This is specifically for those of us who have been offered the chance at a heo role due to being successful at the assessment centre but failing later stages. We got a letter on july 6th from the department inviting us to put in for heo level positions because of our high assessment centre scores.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by -=|Jay|=-
The date isn't being communicated until after the department has received all expression of interest forms submitted up to and including 21st July.

This is specifically for those of us who have been offered the chance at a heo role due to being successful at the assessment centre but failing later stages. We got a letter on july 6th from the department inviting us to put in for heo level positions because of our high assessment centre scores.

Have you had any response from them at all?
Have you had any response from them at all?

I asked the DAS people about the open evening and that's what they told me.

I haven't heard anything from BEIS directly.
I didn't hear anything from 25th May until last week when i was told i was being allocated to MoD. I have now been matched to a position and am awaiting the 'suitability chat' with the line manager. Has anyone else been through this yet and if so what can i expect from it? Thanks :smile:
Got the conditional offer now just for security checks :smile: Did you get the offer too?
[QUOTE="HappySmiles009;72819518"]Got the conditional offer now just for security checks :smile: Did you get the offer too?[/QUOTE Hi does your offer include geographical location?
[QUOTE="hearts;72819864" King="King" of="of"]
Got the conditional offer now just for security checks :smile: Did you get the offer too?[/QUOTE Hi does your offer include geographical location?
No but I did say I could only work in London
Reply 35
Hey guys,

So I'm still waiting on hearing back from the MoJ after only having an informal phone call with a member of HR staff so far.

Was just wondering if those of you who have been made offers could give me some advice. So I told MoJ that I'm available immediately should a vacancy come up, but now that I'm low on funds I've been applying for part time retail jobs just to see me through financially. If I take a job in retail, will I be able to work a week's notice whilst the civil service do my checks etc do you Reckon?
Reply 36
Got the conditional offer now just for security checks :smile: Did you get the offer too?

Same I got an offer too! The patience paid off! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Lumos95
Hey guys,

So I'm still waiting on hearing back from the MoJ after only having an informal phone call with a member of HR staff so far.

Was just wondering if those of you who have been made offers could give me some advice. So I told MoJ that I'm available immediately should a vacancy come up, but now that I'm low on funds I've been applying for part time retail jobs just to see me through financially. If I take a job in retail, will I be able to work a week's notice whilst the civil service do my checks etc do you Reckon?

It's a good idea to do that. These things always take longer than expected (I did DAS last year), and your department should work with you to find a mutually suitable time for you to start. You putting immediately won't be a problem, so don't worry about it.

For you and everyone else, it's a good idea checking with your department if you need to do any further security checks (SC/DV) for your specific role, as those will take time (at least a month for SC) - this would mostly be for HO, MoD, MoJ, FCO.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by -=|Jay|=-
I asked the DAS people about the open evening and that's what they told me.

I haven't heard anything from BEIS directly.

So did they mean we should hear by next week?
Original post by kennysi
So did they mean we should hear by next week?

They gave no time frames. We should hear once they have worked out the demand from those interested and have worked out when would be feasible on their end.

While the initial projection was to hold it by the end of July I'd imagine it's more likely to be held early/mid August. :smile:

This is all speculation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending