The Student Room Group

Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Poppy271
I received an email on the 13th June from the DAS stating that the Home Office was interested in offering me a position and I would be contacted by the 27th June.....Still nothing... I have been emailing the DAS each week who then tell me that I will hear from the Home Office within the week. I was given a new deadline of hearing from the Home Office - 21st July - if I haven't heard by then I will call them on Monday.

I'm basically in the exact same position regarding those dates and time frames for the HO. I didn't hear from them yesterday (July 21st) were you contacted?
Reply 41
in the exact same boat as you.
Reply 42
Original post by Gmcc3
I'm basically in the exact same position regarding those dates and time frames for the HO. I didn't hear from them yesterday (July 21st) were you contacted?

I'm in exactly the same boat and sent an email over the weekend and have basically gotten a reply today saying they're trying to contact the Home Office for a further update.
Reply 43
Just curious, has anyone actually been considered for anything and actually been turned down? I'm just nervous of waiting all this time to be turned down.
Original post by NWCL96
Just curious, has anyone actually been considered for anything and actually been turned down? I'm just nervous of waiting all this time to be turned down.

Yeah I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who's been turned down.
Reply 45
I take it that more or less everyone is still waiting to hear back from a department?
I received an email this morning saying that the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy are interested. Should hear from them by the 2nd of August, anyone else in the same position?
Original post by robinstewart
I received an email this morning saying that the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy are interested. Should hear from them by the 2nd of August, anyone else in the same position?

Yep, I received that exact same email this morning. Was starting to lose hope but at least this is something!
Not sure whether to take their email as confirmation that they will now offer a role (and are just unsure on which role as of now) or just that they're happy to proceed with considering my application but I might not get the job still...
All very confusing!
Original post by priya137
Yep, I received that exact same email this morning. Was starting to lose hope but at least this is something!
Not sure whether to take their email as confirmation that they will now offer a role (and are just unsure on which role as of now) or just that they're happy to proceed with considering my application but I might not get the job still...
All very confusing!

Yeah it seemed pretty vague! Hopefully they're faster at getting back than DAS have been!
Original post by robinstewart

All very confusing!

I received that too. :smile:
Reply 50
All very confusing!

Yep got the same email. I think it means that we've been offered a role, they just have to consider what it will be and what team we'll be working with?

At least we have a fixed date to look forward to now!
Reply 51
Has anyone is the position of being considered for HEO BEIS role heard anything about the open evening? Assignments have told me it'll be next week, but haven't had a date or invitation yet
Original post by june943
Has anyone is the position of being considered for HEO BEIS role heard anything about the open evening? Assignments have told me it'll be next week, but haven't had a date or invitation yet

I got an email on Monday inviting me down on the 9th, if you didn't get it, it may be worth contacting them to make sure you haven't fallen off the mailing list by accident
Reply 53
Ah okay, my situation is slightly complex as I'm as last minute entrant due to being told European Fast Stream will not run earlier this week! But I've been offered the HEO role as alternative and have been told I can attend open evening.So it may be taking some time to process and send me the invite, but will be worth chasing them! Luckily I'm based in London so don't need to make advance travel arrangements but would be nice to know a few days in advance!
Reply 54
did anyone who has been contacted by BEIS happen to have project delivery as their first choice? I received the email back in July but have not heard anything since. When I chased it up with the direct appointment team they told me it was because I had project delivery as my first choice and to 'be patient'....wondering if anyone else is in the same position.
Reply 55
Original post by Poppy271
I received an email on the 13th June from the DAS stating that the Home Office was interested in offering me a position and I would be contacted by the 27th June.....Still nothing... I have been emailing the DAS each week who then tell me that I will hear from the Home Office within the week. I was given a new deadline of hearing from the Home Office - 21st July - if I haven't heard by then I will call them on Monday.

Hi there,
I am in the exact same position. I was told I would be contacted by the same dates you outlined. The latest contact I have received from the DAS is that they have contacted the Home Office and they will update me as soon as they receive a response.
Have you had any further update from DAS?
Reply 56
Hi, I was in the same situation as yourself with the home office. They got back to me and said that they are in the process of identifying roles and the potential candidates to match which can take a couple of weeks. They got back to me on Friday and I have been offered a role and I am now doing security checks. Don't get discouraged with the time frames it seems to require a lot of patience and that the process seems to be staggered in the allocation of candidates. All the best!
Reply 57
I received a phone call on Tuesday from the MoJ asking me to have a meeting with them to discuss the potential roles and location that would be suitable. I travel down to London on Monday. Let's see what happens! Has anybody else heard anything?
Reply 58
Is anyone who has been offered a role at BEIS had indication of the start date? I've been told I will definitely have a role by the direct appointment team, just still waiting for BEIS to contact me directly with details. I just wondered how long it's looking like it'll be between being formally offered the role and start date?
Original post by june943
Is anyone who has been offered a role at BEIS had indication of the start date? I've been told I will definitely have a role by the direct appointment team, just still waiting for BEIS to contact me directly with details. I just wondered how long it's looking like it'll be between being formally offered the role and start date?

If you've been offered a heo role with beis then it will likely be sometime in October to start if you have no notice period. It will be November if you have a notice period. That is if all of your checks go fine.

Also, they'll be emailing heo direct appointees this week with information of their exact job role
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending