Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find it? Thought it was the easiest module 4 5 6 test I've done in gcse. Wooooooo gcses are over

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was horrible. Where did my revision go wrong lmao everyone seems to have found it good

ReputationRep:
    Odd question here and there threw me

What did you all get for the tangential motion question?
    And also for the lens question did you have to talk about whether it was real or virtual etc. because i forgot to add that?

um what else

what did everyone get for the probe question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    I thought it was horrible. Where did my revision go wrong lmao everyone seems to have found it good
    It didn't include complicated stuff like Flemings left hand rule. But I feel blessed to have been given the nuclear fission 6 marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urgurlbecca)
    Odd question here and there threw me

What did you all get for the tangential motion question?
    And also for the lens question did you have to talk about whether it was real or virtual etc. because i forgot to add that?

um what else

what did everyone get for the probe question?
    I said if the motion was too slow then the satellite would be pulled towards Earth because of the strong gravitational attraction, and if it was too fast then the satellite wouldn't be able to scan the Earth because it would be moving too fast?

ReputationRep:
    Went good, only one I wasn't sure on was the one about LEOs, what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody16)
    I said if the motion was too slow then the satellite would be pulled towards Earth because of the strong gravitational attraction, and if it was too fast then the satellite wouldn't be able to scan the Earth because it would be moving too fast?
    oh great i wrote the first part but not the second part (i said if it was too slow it would accelerate towards the earth, if it was too fast it would be ejected outward, complete guess lol)

(Original post by BadRep)
    I got wave B. Since the wave is reflected off of the ionosphere, the satellite does not have to be in a fixed position over the earth which means its ideal for low polar satellites which are continually changing position. Wave A wouldn't be much use as it gets scattered in the atmosphere. Might be wrong. This was one of the questions I struggled w/ again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadRep)
    Wave B - LEO satellite as it is reflected by the ionosphere.
    Wave C - Geostationary as it passes through the ionosphere

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for 6 marker on magnification? I got that the image was 0.75cm

ReputationRep:
    is there an unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tygasga)
    what did people get for 6 marker on magnification? I got that the image was 0.75cm
    Yeah I got that, not by drawing it, but by working it out. Because when I drew it out the first time I got something obnoxious like 1.3cm

ReputationRep:
    Please read my thread. Thanks
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...390&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emirahmed1)
    Please read my thread. Thanks
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...390&highlight=
    How can I add to your thread if I don't revise mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urgurlbecca)
    oh great i wrote the first part but not the second part (i said if it was too slow it would accelerate towards the earth, if it was too fast it would be ejected outward, complete guess lol)

I got wave B. Since the wave is reflected off of the ionosphere, the satellite does not have to be in a fixed position over the earth which means its ideal for low polar satellites which are continually changing position. Wave A wouldn't be much use as it gets scattered in the atmosphere. Might be wrong. This was one of the questions I struggled w/ again.
    Sweet that's what I got

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial markscheme anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon4012)
    Unofficial markscheme anyone?
    still in progress here

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post72324888

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.