The Student Room Group

New psychiatrist

My psychiatrist left the practice. I feel kinda sad about it just because over the last two years I had formed a very good patient-doctor relationship with him and he was incredibly helpful and understanding. Saved me on a number of occasions.

Kinda feel alone now. I don't know how I will build same relationship with new doctor. My issues are quite sensitive and hard to talk about. It will be difficult.

Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by queenofswords
My psychiatrist left the practice. I feel kinda sad about it just because over the last two years I had formed a very good patient-doctor relationship with him and he was incredibly helpful and understanding. Saved me on a number of occasions.

Kinda feel alone now. I don't know how I will build same relationship with new doctor. My issues are quite sensitive and hard to talk about. It will be difficult.

Any advice?

Give your new doctor a chance right? You never knew how great your relationship would be with the previous one until you started with him. You may even have had some doubts. However, over time things went well. Also always remember working on yourself independently too (if I may say so!) which I am sure you do.

I hope it all goes well for you :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by queenofswords

Any advice?

You managed to build a good relationship with the last one. The chances are just as good for you doing well with this new one. Just start with whatever you feel ready to discuss with the new one and build gently. Give yourself some time to get used to them before bearing your heart.
You'll be fine. Hey, at the end of the day psychs are meant to be likeable. They'd be pretty useless if everybody felt uncomfortable with them. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest