Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which stats test can I use to show the distribution of a sample around the mean?

ReputationRep:
    ??? Is it spearmans? Or something else?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Which stats test can I use to show the distribution of a sample around the mean?
    Isn't it just a standard deviation you want? This will allow you to see how big one standard deviation is (68% of sample?) and what the figures are so you can see how closely packed they are to the mean.
    Spearmans test the correlation between two sets of variables (eg age and pocket money!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Isn't it just a standard deviation you want? This will allow you to see how big one standard deviation is (68% of sample?) and what the figures are so you can see how closely packed they are to the mean.
    Spearmans test the correlation between two sets of variables (eg age and pocket money!)
    Ah, that's the one! Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm being completely dense here! Can anyone explain to me how to do it?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.