The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Physics P4,5,6 UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tygasga
Fair point, I see you used tan-1(3/4), I used tan-1(4/3) which i got from drawing a triangle, most of my fiends got 53 degrees and others got 36 degrees. IDK

ah i did the same as you
Original post by ????????????????
Also, I notitced there were particles of different sizes im the first 6 marker - surely these would be presumed to be electrons and not neutrons or they wouldn't have been drawn smaller?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so but I'm somewhat sure that you had to have known they were neutrons, as they only mention neutrons in fission.
Reply 22
you have to do the angle if it asks for direction
Original post by urgurlbecca
ah i did the same as you

I'm certain it's 53 degrees as the wind is PUSHING the boat, so you have to draw the triangle like __| and not |__
Original post by Tygasga
I'm certain it's 53 degrees as the wind is PUSHING the boat, so you have to draw the triangle like __| and not |__

I don't know to be honest, at the time I did it the 53 degree way because it felt right but the 30 degree way seems plausible too... Honestly to me either could be right
I don't know to be honest, at the time I did it the 53 degree way because it felt right but the 30 degree way seems plausible too... Honestly to me either could be right

Think about it, the wind was pushing the boat east and the angle in __| showed the direction TO THE EAST, the angle in the other one wouldve shown the direction to the west (even though there was no direction to the west).
Furthermore, since | represented the boat the wind shouldve been drawn on the boats left side because if it was drawn on its right side then the wind wouldve been pushing the boat to the west
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tygasga
Think about it, the wind was pushing the boat east and the angle in __| showed the direction TO THE EAST, the angle in the other one wouldve shown the direction to the west (even though there was no direction to the west).
Furthermore, since | represented the boat the wind shouldve been drawn on the boats left side because if it was drawn on its right side then the wind wouldve been pushing the boat to the west

hm it makes sense but im not sure, I hope we're right anyway
hm it makes sense but im not sure, I hope we're right anyway

Yeah, thanks for making those other unofficial mark schemes by the way
Original post by Tygasga

No worries! One thing I won't miss about these exams is continually editing the mark schemes tho lol
Original post by Tygasga

i don't get any thank yous :frown: might as well kill myself
Original post by TheNlee
i don't get any thank yous :frown: might as well kill myself

Thank you too pal!
No worries! One thing I won't miss about these exams is continually editing the mark schemes tho lol

I guess, but now it's time to worry about results day :frown:
Original post by Tygasga
I guess, but now it's time to worry about results day :frown:

I want an A* across all the sciences and maths at least if I don't get that I will actually cry lol
I want an A* across all the sciences and maths at least if I don't get that I will actually cry lol

I want A or A* across all science (I think i mightve gotten a* in all though) and a 7 in maths, i know i can't get an 8 unless grade boundaries are rock bottom
Original post by Tygasga
I want A or A* across all science (I think i mightve gotten a* in all though) and a 7 in maths, i know i can't get an 8 unless grade boundaries are rock bottom

I think I got an A star in all sciences but some scepticism about biology but low grade boundaries are bless. I also think i got a 9 in maths which is good
Original post by TheNlee
I think I got an A star in all sciences but some scepticism about biology but low grade boundaries are bless. I also think i got a 9 in maths which is good

Original post by Tygasga

I actually feel like I've done awfully in all the exams lol and doubt I'll get A*s and 8s but at least its over for now haha
Original post by TheNlee

A 9 is OP bro, what wasyour total mark when you used the unofficial mark schemes? mine was 152
I actually feel like I've done awfully in all the exams lol and doubt I'll get A*s and 8s but at least its over for now haha

dont worry! I'm sure you did really well!
No as the big ones were the nuclei of uranium and the small ones neutrons, as neutrons are involved in fission, not electrons
Original post by Tygasga
A 9 is OP bro, what wasyour total mark when you used the unofficial mark schemes? mine was 152

Not to brag but I'm confident in 225-230 marks, the last questions for each paper i could get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending