The Student Room Group

On results day, do unis email you before you collect your results?

I've heard that you will get an email from your uni saying whether you've bee accepted. However, could this email be sent the night before results day?
I got my acceptance email at 6am on results day, but I didn't see it until after I saw my results and worried I wouldn't get in

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd really like to know this too. Good question OP.
Would like to know this too.

Also does anyone know what time track updates to tell you if you've been accepted or not?

Every year people scream to not stay up until 12pm as it doesnt happen then - so when does it actually update?
Reply 4
hey I have heard some people do recive their confirmation like really early morning, but not before 12pm!
Reply 5
Original post by ambermariemorgan
I've heard that you will get an email from your uni saying whether you've bee accepted. However, could this email be sent the night before results day?

I'm not sure about the day before results day (they probably wouldn't), but Lancaster sent me an acceptance email at about 6:15AM on results day.
Reply 6
Original post by ambermariemorgan

Track should update at 8am (or maybe a fraction earlier)

Universities can contact you from 6am. Anything earlier breaches the UCAS Results Day embargo, but does happen occasionally.
UCAS Track tends to not allow you to log in a few days before results day and unis don't tend to email until the early morning if at all. You're best off just going to sleep as normal and if you are very concerned, check Track when you wake up from about 8am (I think?). I did and it allowed me to react at home rather than with everyone around.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest