Digital Media gamification dissertation

Watch
laurak25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

I'm currently studying digital media and i'm writing a 15,000 word dissertation on gamification as an educational tool. Obviously this is too broad and a need a more specific question that has resources available.
I'm focusing on VR and augmented reality but really struggling to come up with a decent question and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with a few ideas?

Thanks in advance,

An overly stressed masters student
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by laurak25)
Hello,

I'm currently studying digital media and i'm writing a 15,000 word dissertation on gamification as an educational tool. Obviously this is too broad and a need a more specific question that has resources available.
I'm focusing on VR and augmented reality but really struggling to come up with a decent question and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with a few ideas?

Thanks in advance,

An overly stressed masters student
You could start by focussing in on what *type* of educational use - what school age, what subject area(s), what type of task (cooperative classroom group work, homework assignments etc)... that sort of thing. That would narrow things down a bit.

The following 2015 paper seems a good recent synthesis and might be a useful starting place for exploring other sources:
Dicheva, D, Dichev, C., Agre, G. and Angelova, G., 2015. Gamification in education: a systematic mapping study. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 18 (3), 77-88.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (57)
28.79%
No (141)
71.21%

Watched Threads