The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 (Integrating with limits)

Does anyone else integrate differential questions with limits they give you instead of finding +c? If so is it accepted by the mark scheme because I can't find any case of it being accepted in the more recent papers.
Reply 1
Original post by Studious_Student
Does anyone else integrate differential questions with limits they give you instead of finding +c? If so is it accepted by the mark scheme because I can't find any case of it being accepted in the more recent papers.

hmm im pretty sure stating the value of C is counted as part of the working so i think you should play it safe and integrate without the limits and instead sub them in to find C as the markscheme shows.
Original post by TrafLaw
hmm im pretty sure stating the value of C is counted as part of the working so i think you should play it safe and integrate without the limits and instead sub them in to find C as the markscheme shows.

I mean I can state the value of c if I integrate with limits, it's just if the general method of integrating with the initial limits they give you is accepted because you're still finding c but just not as the main subject of the method.
Reply 3
Original post by Studious_Student
I mean I can state the value of c if I integrate with limits, it's just if the general method of integrating with the initial limits they give you is accepted because you're still finding c but just not as the main subject of the method.

should be fine as long as you hit their checkpoints - ie. rearranging the equation correctly at the start and getting the correct answer after stating c

Quick Reply

Latest