marinacalder
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone! Just wondered if i could get some opinions on my diet at the moment? I am an 18yo girl who swims/ runs most days.

Heres a typical day:

Supplements: tablespoon cod liver oil daily, multivitamin

Breakfast; mango smoothie concoction consisting of 1 whole mango, 1 whole avocado some kale, almond milk and vanilla

snack/refreshment: around a pint of regular milk/ soy milk with honey (don't ask I'm addicted to this..)

lunch: cooked veggie salad: carrots, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, pepper, tomato, cucumber, nuts, olives, spinach leaves

dinner: usually fish or/ and eggs with more vegetables

night snack: quite a large assortment of fruit: strawberries, raspberries , blueberries melon, orange, (for example)

am I getting enough? I feel fine, but i have quite a skinny build naturally, any thoughts most welcome
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by marinacalder)
Hi everyone! Just wondered if i could get some opinions on my diet at the moment? I am an 18yo girl who swims/ runs most days.

Heres a typical day:

Supplements: tablespoon cod liver oil daily, multivitamin

Breakfast; mango smoothie concoction consisting of 1 whole mango, 1 whole avocado some kale, almond milk and vanilla

snack/refreshment: around a pint of regular milk/ soy milk with honey (don't ask I'm addicted to this..)

lunch: cooked veggie salad: carrots, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, pepper, tomato, cucumber, nuts, olives, spinach leaves

dinner: usually fish or/ and eggs with more vegetables

night snack: quite a large assortment of fruit: strawberries, raspberries , blueberries melon, orange, (for example)

am I getting enough? I feel fine, but i have quite a skinny build naturally, any thoughts most welcome
Looks good to me. Lean protein, plenty of fruits and vegetables. You could maybe do with a few more starchy whole-grain carbohydrates though - there's an awful lot of sugar in this diet and not much starch. Having a large bowl of sugar as a night-time snack is not a terribly good idea either - it's going to send your blood sugar up just before bedtime, and you know how your body is going to deal with that excess glucose!

Overall, it's good. Just a few tweaks necessary regarding carbohydrate. Oh, and the multivitamin is entirely unnecessary - save your money.
marinacalder
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Looks good to me. Lean protein, plenty of fruits and vegetables. You could maybe do with a few more starchy whole-grain carbohydrates though - there's an awful lot of sugar in this diet and not much starch. Having a large bowl of sugar as a night-time snack is not a terribly good idea either - it's going to send your blood sugar up just before bedtime, and you know how your body is going to deal with that excess glucose!

Overall, it's good. Just a few tweaks necessary regarding carbohydrate. Oh, and the multivitamin is entirely unnecessary - save your money.
Thank you
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by marinacalder)
Thank you
You're welcome (it is/was my job!)
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whether it's 'enough' really depends on the size of the meals you're eating... it's definitely possible to get enough calories from msotly fruit/veg with a bit of lean protein - but you have to eat a decent amount. You really should be eating some carbs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.05%
I'm not sure (27)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.4%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (290)
47.93%

Watched Threads