Help Watch

Callumball
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was wondering if anyone can help, it's probably a stupid question but everyone i know is going to university this year or the next and I want to go to but by the time I finish my college course I'd be 21 and by that time everyone i know that is my age will be finishing their courses, would I be a little old to go to uni and get student accommodation
3498kinvara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Callumball)
I was wondering if anyone can help, it's probably a stupid question but everyone i know is going to university this year or the next and I want to go to but by the time I finish my college course I'd be 21 and by that time everyone i know that is my age will be finishing their courses, would I be a little old to go to uni and get student accommodation
absolutely not, many people take gap years, go to uni later in life or have other circumstances which means they do not leave school at 18 and go straight to uni, i know many people, probably actually more students who are 19+ then thoose coming straight from school/sixth form/ colleage.

i dont think there is a age limit on student accomodation and there is options for your own studio/ apartment or quiet accomodation if you would prefer and i am sure you get preferences so might end up with people your own age.

going to uni at 21 really isnt unusual and im sure you will fit in just fine, you will probably deal with it better as you are more mature
Callumball
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 3498kinvara)
absolutely not, many people take gap years, go to uni later in life or have other circumstances which means they do not leave school at 18 and go straight to uni, i know many people, probably actually more students who are 19+ then thoose coming straight from school/sixth form/ colleage.

i dont think there is a age limit on student accomodation and there is options for your own studio/ apartment or quiet accomodation if you would prefer and i am sure you get preferences so might end up with people your own age.

going to uni at 21 really isnt unusual and im sure you will fit in just fine, you will probably deal with it better as you are more mature
Are the student who get student accommodation usually at their early 20'stages
username2992150
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,

We have many students moving in with us aged 21+ in our accommodation at Towpath. We also aim to accommodate our mature students in the same cluster flats if they wish to share or of course you opt for a self contained studio if booked early. We have a really good mix of ages from all over the world. Hope that information helps. You can call us on 01244 566233 if you ant further questions. Take Care
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Chester
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Chester
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads