OCR Psychology 22nd June 2017 Applied Psychology Watch

tango288
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How's everyone feeling about tomorrow's exam?

I'm bricking it
shemolyb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
me too! I really don't like applied psychology at all
tango288
Rep:
?
(Original post by shemolyb)
me too! I really don't like applied psychology at all

How did you find it?
ArranJones1997
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What were people's thoughts of this exam? Not too sure whether I liked it or not.
GradeBUnderB
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I thought the exam was pretty good in all honesty, I was expecting so much worse.
Exoroom1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hated that exam! what points did everyone make for criminal psychology 15 marker about methological issues in researching what makes a criminal and the 10 marker in mental health - to what extent is alternatives in medical model scientific
ArranJones1997
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the 15 marker regarding methodological issues, I spoke about how it's quite unethical and they typically use lab experiments so lacks ecological validity, in addition to talking about the scientific procedures etc - basically the issues with the method. With the 10 mark mental health question, I discussed how it usually adopts a less scientific approach and talked about the different explanations, such as the behaviourist explanation. It is also quite reductionist so it therefore lacks psychology as a science, but in terms of hypothesis testing, it can be considered a science from that perspective. I just attempted to ramble on as much as I could hoping I would achieve the marks!!
Exoroom1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Made more or less the same points as you for the 15 marker - said it was unethical, highly controlled lab experiments meant it lacked ecological validity and unrepresentativeness. For the 10 marker I said lacked objectivity, didn't manipulate variables and the cognitive explanation used inductive reasoning which is scientific (no idea whether any of this is right but anyone does please let me know!) what did you put for the first 10 marker on child "how woods study can help teachers and children problem solve" and on child "how Raines study explains criminal behaviour through physiological factors" sorry for all the questions just honestly believe I failed core studies and this exam
tango288
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArranJones1997)
What were people's thoughts of this exam? Not too sure whether I liked it or not.
I thought it was okay! Much better than the other two(:
tango288
Rep:
?
(Original post by GradeBUnderB)
I thought the exam was pretty good in all honesty, I was expecting so much worse.
Me too!
tango288
Rep:
?
What did people put for Criminal and biological ways to prevent crime with Shannaz or someone?(:
ArranJones1997
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Exoroom1)
Made more or less the same points as you for the 15 marker - said it was unethical, highly controlled lab experiments meant it lacked ecological validity and unrepresentativeness. For the 10 marker I said lacked objectivity, didn't manipulate variables and the cognitive explanation used inductive reasoning which is scientific (no idea whether any of this is right but anyone does please let me know!) what did you put for the first 10 marker on child "how woods study can help teachers and children problem solve" and on child "how Raines study explains criminal behaviour through physiological factors" sorry for all the questions just honestly believe I failed core studies and this exam
For Woods study, I wrote about two paragraphs giving outline of the procedure, participants, results and conclusions, which followed on with how the results can be applied - giving back up evidence from Vygotskys Scaffolding theory and Brunners spiral curriculum theory, and basically how this can be applied - memory's a little foggy right now to be honest. For Raine's, I liked this question because I remember all the relevant information regarding the amygdala, parietal area etc and explained how these brain abnormalities in criminals make them commit crimes, such as dysfunctional amygdala correlating with a lack of fear as physiological factors basically refers to biological factors - just a fancy way of putting it!

To be honest, I feel the same - the exams comprised either weird, unfair, or mistaken questions. Hopefully the grade boundaries will accurately reflect the candidates' performance!!
shemolyb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it was alright
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.74%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%