What do you want to know before coming to uni? Watch

thebrokentripod
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I am going to be bored this summer if I don't keep projects going. I'm a second year creative media practice student at Bath Spa University and have made a few videos over the past year to help students coming to the uni but I now want to know what students would want to know before arriving. I aim to reduce any worries as I just want people to go into uni excited instead of worrying.
DodgeDuncan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there! Where can we see these videos please?
Shan587
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thebrokentripod)
So I am going to be bored this summer if I don't keep projects going. I'm a second year creative media practice student at Bath Spa University and have made a few videos over the past year to help students coming to the uni but I now want to know what students would want to know before arriving. I aim to reduce any worries as I just want people to go into uni excited instead of worrying.

Hi! I would like to know what the accommodation is like? I'm hoping to get into green park, is it pretty quiet? I'm hoping the fire alarms don't go off constantly! This is my only worry
thebrokentripod
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shan587)
Hi! I would like to know what the accommodation is like? I'm hoping to get into green park, is it pretty quiet? I'm hoping the fire alarms don't go off constantly! This is my only worry
Hey I actually made a video series about the halls, annoyingly when I filmed the videos green park had not been finished and despite trying to get someone to do it this year no one would do it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...kY0qZLsuoPhafz

however, i am currently working with the conferencing team which means I have worked at green park a bit and from seeing the rooms they look really nice and give you loads of room. on fire alarms side, they would go off if people are being stupid and not using common sense but that happens everywhere. As it is in town they try to limit it as much as possible.
thebrokentripod
Rep:
?
(Original post by DodgeDuncan)
Hi there! Where can we see these videos please?
Hey hey,

here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIq...DfAjGXe_cIHf9g
James5102
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do we get to move into halls earlier than the official term start date to settle in? (25 September)
thebrokentripod
Rep:
?
(Original post by James5102)
Do we get to move into halls earlier than the official term start date to settle in? (25 September)
Hey, so the move in weekend is 23rd/24th depending on where you are living. Most are the 23rd. then you get the official Students' Union freshers week lasting from 23rd Sep - 1st Oct then lessons then lessons start on the 2nd you will get short lectures during freshers week which will be explaining the modules so that you can make a decision as to which ones you want to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)
23.28%
Jazz (20)
4.31%
Classical (23)
4.96%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.75%