xBeautifulMind
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Oh hello, I didn't see you there.

I have an A-level Psychology exam tomorrow afternoon and although I have been revising all year, there is SO MUCH CONTENT and I forget things easily even though the memories are available, they are not accessible.
The topics I need to know inside out are:
- Relationships (11 textbook spreads)
- Schizophrenia ( 6 textbook spreads)
- Issues and debates (8 textbook spreads)
- Forensics (13 textbook spreads)

So basically, what are the best methods to "cram"? I have spent all of today writing condensed flashcards for every possible essay question, although I still need to do schizophrenia tonight. What next though? When I go through flashcards, I get so bored.
How do you cram? Pls help.
Synesthesia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jessika300599)
Oh hello, I didn't see you there.

I have an A-level Psychology exam tomorrow afternoon and although I have been revising all year, there is SO MUCH CONTENT and I forget things easily even though the memories are available, they are not accessible.
The topics I need to know inside out are:
- Relationships (11 textbook spreads)
- Schizophrenia ( 6 textbook spreads)
- Issues and debates (8 textbook spreads)
- Forensics (13 textbook spreads)

So basically, what are the best methods to "cram"? I have spent all of today writing condensed flashcards for every possible essay question, although I still need to do schizophrenia tonight. What next though? When I go through flashcards, I get so bored.
How do you cram? Pls help.
Do long answer PPQ on each topic, since they simplify it alot on the MS.
Beckychant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am in the exact same position in fact I have the same exam- psychology paper 3 tomorrow at 1? However I am doing forensic, gender and stress and I agree there is SO MUCH CONTENT
I wrote every thing out in note form a while ago, then as the exam got nearer I did flash cards, now the days leading to the exam I am transforming them info mind maps as this makes things concise and you can see a whole topic in one place.
Hope this helps - I am also stressing about it it will not go as well for me as the first two!! Good luck
torilee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in EXACTLY the same position! Well, almost exactly. I'm doing Aggression, Stress and Relationships, as well as Issues and Debates.
So far, I've managed to cover one measly topic. If you have any advice on how to revise three topics in one morning, let me know cos I really need the advice
Seriously though, Quizlet is your friend when learning researchers/what they did, etc.
candyyyfloss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I HAVE THE SAME EXAM TOMORROW AND I'VE ONLY STARTED REVISING NOW..... (caps lock make it more dramatic soz)
TheIncredibleZ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Beckychant)
I am in the exact same position in fact I have the same exam- psychology paper 3 tomorrow at 1? However I am doing forensic, gender and stress and I agree there is SO MUCH CONTENT
I wrote every thing out in note form a while ago, then as the exam got nearer I did flash cards, now the days leading to the exam I am transforming them info mind maps as this makes things concise and you can see a whole topic in one place.
Hope this helps - I am also stressing about it it will not go as well for me as the first two!! Good luck
I'm in the same boat as well i would say use the specimen papers to your advantage every 16 marker/8 marker question on there will not be repeated so don't bother learning them maybe just the A01 part but really focus on what is not on those papers as it is likely they will come up in the exam.A good portion of this will be on research methods so try to brush up on that as well.
studynerd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did you guys do? Got my first psychology paper1 on monday and I'm starting revision now😔😔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (111)
59.68%
No (40)
21.51%
Not sure (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads