The Student Room Group

A2 Subject choices for Dentistry!

Hi,

I just recieved my AS level results that were 2Bs (Bio/Eco) and 2Cs (Math/Chem). I have set my mind on doing dentistry for quite some time, but im not sure on which subjects to take next year?

Out of the four subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Economics. I was deciding to do Chem, Mths & Eco, but some uni's ask for the full bio alevel..

Anyone know which subjects i should choose, anyone going to uni to study dentistry know which is the best option for me if I want to study Dentistry.

Reply 1
I would say do both Biology and Chemistry A levels as it will make you more attractive to universities and will make first year at uni a lot easier with the Biology. The third subject is up to you and whichever you think you can get the highest grade in.
Good luck...
Reply 2
Most unis want at least As Bio, but some do want a full A level Bio. Why not ring up your chosen unis and ask? It's the best way.
Reply 3
Thanks nabzp & mjf for ur help.
one of my friends wants to do dentistry, and its an extremely competitive field... where ppl wiv 4A's at A2 get rejected....

he called up his chosen uni's and asked them which course would give him the advantage, and after talking to 2-3 admission officers, he dropped the least traditional one...

hope it helpsss
Reply 5
Although most uni's will accept an as in biology as long as you take a2 chem, I really advise you take biology a2 as without it, you will find 1st year a huge challenge. The majority of 1st year is just building on the A2 biology course (the human bit!).

Latest