Wage growth with the Conservatives: Poland +23% Germany +14% France +11% UK -10.4%

Watch
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Voter: Really struggling to afford rents let alone buy a house, help?
Conservatives: Strong and stable. Strong and stable. Brexit means Brexit.
Voter: We're swimming in student debt Conservatives, help? Please!
Voter: Wages are not keeping up with prices, can you help? come on!
Voter: Ok. Labour is offering to raise the minimum wage to a proper living wage. Bye.
Conservative: Strong and stable. Strong and stable. Brexit means Brexit!!!!

https://www.ft.com/content/83e7e87e-...8-3700c5664d30
"Between 2007 and 2015, the UK was the only big advanced economy in which wages contracted while the economy expanded. In most other countries, including France and Germany, both the economy and wages have grown."

Strooong aaaand straaable! Brexit means Brexit.
Funkinwolf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:congrats:

Agreed. The Conservatives have ruined their chances with the Millennial generation (30 and under) and it's well deserved. We're more educated, European and global in thinking. More of us are well aware of the Scandinavian, German and the Dutch approach to the economy. Nationalisation of railways is not some USSR Communist plot, when you got German or French Uni friends or do a quick Google on how most Western European countrie manage their national economy. Resorting to stupid phrases like 'RED LABOUR'. Just ain't cutting it anymore. Also it's just damn patronising.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouln't really put Poland here as a model.
Our public companies are often an example of bad management, corruption and giving sinecures to friends and relatives of people at power, while both tax system and the way that tax office works, are extremely unfriendly for small business.

Wages grow because our economy is based upon production, our workforce is considerably cheaper than that of west, still close enough to export a lot on a cheap, and we are currently suffering from lack of manpower caused by low birth rates and massive emigration to the west, so employers are raising wages in fear they'll lose their staff.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Instead of making such a shallow comparision of two political systems, better dig a bit inside how it actually works. How EU subventions work, what is their effect in many countries, how a debate in EU Parliament looks.
UK is making such a waste of money as EU, also it is next to impossible to have lower level of debate than in the EU Parliament. A group way too large for debate, speaks empty slogans, they can hardly even understand words of their opponents and don't even try understand their meaning, their answers are very often an example of "diversion" eristic manuver (or a complete misunderstanding).
Even Verhofstadt or Shulz who are both respected figures are bein an examples of arrogance, liars, use of the worst eristic tricks, and even breaking Parliament's regulations (usually without any consequences).

Besides, the British political system is older exists in shape very close to current, for over 100 years and UK is one the most succesful countries in the world, while EU may not survive the next 10 years. There will be of course some elements of EU that will survive, but not the current political system, the massive interference into almost every element of member countries law, or subventions of which large amount is wasted, and if not, they make cities taking irrational debts, to have this required 30% or sth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (559)
34.04%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.23%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.16%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads