donvarga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,
I have already applied and got the letter how much will I get for maintenance loan.
When I applied I stated that I will work full time. Now I realized that I am not going to be able to work full time and study full time.

Questions:
-What is the minimum working hour for a migrant worker on week to be eligible for maintenance loan?
-Can I reapply or state that I will work only part time from September, however I still work full time?
-Can I get more maintenance loan If I work only part time instead of full time?
-What date is the first payment for maintenance loan? (The letter says the first payment for tuition fee loan is 18/10. Is it the same for maintenance loan?)

Thank you
donvarga
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by donvarga)
Hello,
I have already applied and got the letter how much will I get for maintenance loan.
When I applied I stated that I will work full time. Now I realized that I am not going to be able to work full time and study full time.
Hi Donvarga

I'll answer the questions one at a time

Questions:
-What is the minimum working hour for a migrant worker on week to be eligible for maintenance loan?
There's no minimum amount of hours. We'll even accept students on zero hours contracts. As long as you can show the employment is genuine and you earn enough to be able to support yourself.

-Can I reapply or state that I will work only part time from September, however I still work full time?
If you apply while working full time and then change to part time you would need to let us know.

-Can I get more maintenance loan If I work only part time instead of full time?
No. If you're eligible for funding as a migrant worker your entitlement to student finance is the same whether you're full time or part time.

-What date is the first payment for maintenance loan? (The letter says the first payment for tuition fee loan is 18/10. Is it the same for maintenance loan?)
Payment dates for the maintenance loan are based on the term start dates

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed