How lenient is Royal Holloway with grades? Watch

rekanem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I finished my A Levels today and I'm 95% sure that I've gotten BBB. My firm was KCL (AAB - I've already let that go), and Royal Holloway was my insurance (ABB in International Relations.) When I initially got my offer from RH, due to my good GCSE grades and references, they actually offered me an unconditional offer, which I decided to turn down. I quite regret this in retrospect, partially because of my performance in my exams but also because I genuinely have warmed a lot more to the idea of going to RH.

Both universities are also aware of certain mitigating circumstances I've been experiencing that have affected me since the beginning of A Level.

What are the chances that they'll give me a chance?
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rekanem)
I finished my A Levels today and I'm 95% sure that I've gotten BBB. My firm was KCL (AAB - I've already let that go), and Royal Holloway was my insurance (ABB in International Relations.) When I initially got my offer from RH, due to my good GCSE grades and references, they actually offered me an unconditional offer, which I decided to turn down. I quite regret this in retrospect, partially because of my performance in my exams but also because I genuinely have warmed a lot more to the idea of going to RH.

Both universities are also aware of certain mitigating circumstances I've been experiencing that have affected me since the beginning of A Level.

What are the chances that they'll give me a chance?
Hi Rekanem,

Congratulations on finishing your A Level exams! I'm sorry you don't feel super confident about them just now, but it's a great achievement to have finished it all, and a great relief for you.

In terms of your question, we can't say anything for certain. There are a lot of factors that will be taken into account, such as the grades you do achieve and the places on the course, as well as any extenuating circumstances you have previously disclosed. Only on results day will we be able to say for certain what we will and won't accept, but if you originally applied with a really strong application you wouldn't necessarily automatically be rejected for slipping one grade (but again, I couldn't say for certain whether that would or wouldn't happen).

After I'd finished my exams I had really similar worries. My best advice would be to not let worrying about it take over your summer. It's great to equip yourself with a plan of action (I made myself two envelopes for results day with a detailed plan for what to do if I'd gotten the results I needed, and if I'd missed the mark). Maybe look into the accommodation your insurance choice offers so if you are able to apply for that you can do it quickly, and decide what to do in certain outcomes, but letting yourself worry about it now (with over a month until results day) will ruin your summer. For now I'd suggest celebrating the end of exams, and making the most of the pre-uni summer months.

Let me know if you want any more info. I'm always happy to help.

Summer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (407)
18.64%
The paper was reasonable (1039)
47.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (485)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.58%

Watched Threads