Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Men's clothes shops watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    In England... I like (from what I have seen) Zara, Topman and FCUK. In there are much more male clothing shops!!! and MUCH CHEAPER (like half the price of the UK :P)
    Zara? Yes you must be Spanish.
    If I remember correctly, zara for men shops are called Springfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    Calling all guys. I am a normal 18 year old male and I find that in most shops I go to the clothes are a little too.... flamboyant. Any tips for good shops that sell decent clothes than are fairly plain? I buy quite a lot of clothes from Gap purely because it is possible to buy a jumper without a word emblazened across the front of it or a stupid phrase including the word "urban" (apart from those awful GAP fleeces).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I've been abroad for so long, I'd probably be lost if I went clothes shopping in the UK. I'd go for Gap too as it's been the only shop I've managed to find in London, Lyon in France, Toronto, Montréal and Boston. The trouble is, the models change a lot between the European and North American shops. It's a bit disorientating.

In North America, I usually went to Gap and French Connection and JCrew from time to time and Aldo for shoes.
    Other decent shops were J Crew, Urban outfitters (though most of the stuff inside the shop is crap), Banana Republic for classier stuff and all the ******s went to Armani Exchange. Thank God they haven't opened in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    ooo...i love banana republic clothes.....and aldo shoes...can tell uve been in america a while!!!

otherwise....to the guy wo started the thread...yeh river island, topman etc will have some flamboyant stuff but if u actually go in teh shop u'll find they have some more conservative clothes 2...just plain jeans and plain t's!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    ooo...i love banana republic clothes.....and aldo shoes...can tell uve been in america a while!!!

otherwise....to the guy wo started the thread...yeh river island, topman etc will have some flamboyant stuff but if u actually go in teh shop u'll find they have some more conservative clothes 2...just plain jeans and plain t's!!
    Aldo opened a couple of shops in London so I'll definitely be going there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Aldo opened a couple of shops in London so I'll definitely be going there...
    i went a few weeks back....bought the cutest pink shoes!! check it out they had some lovely men's shoes...

ReputationRep:
    i went a few weeks back....bought the cutest pink shoes!! check it out they had some lovely men's shoes...
    Yeah they have even better shoes for girls. They have (or had) a lot of those slutty knee-high boots. Great stuff!

Here's a link for Armani Xchange: http://www.armaniexchange.com
    If they ever open in the UK, you'll have a flood of posing ******s going there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Yeah they have even better shoes for girls. They have (or had) a lot of those slutty knee-high boots. Great stuff!

Here's a link for Armani Xchange: http://www.armaniexchange.com
    If they ever open in the UK, you'll have a flood of posing ******s going there.
    i went to the armani exchange in boston...its like by a cafe...didnt seem 2 have a 2 much ******-fied clientele

ReputationRep:
    i went to the armani exchange in boston...its like by a cafe...didnt seem 2 have a 2 much ******-fied clientele
    I went to the shop in One Copley Square near the Prudential Center in Boston and it was full of ******s. If I were to be honest, the clothes are sometimes decent but I was ashamed to be in the same shop as some of those people: a lot of international Asian students with too much money to spend and no life.

ReputationRep:
    Of the High St. stuff: d2, USC, Envy (as somebody mentioned) & Republic.

ReputationRep:
    Can I recommend The Universal Store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Of the High St. stuff: d2, USC, Envy (as somebody mentioned) & Republic.
    ooo...im likin ya style...good job

ReputationRep:
    the best: SELFRIDGES :D
    the good: diesel, levi shop, usc
    the bad: ted baker, river island, topman, envy, h&m
    the FUGLY: fcuk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    Calling all guys. I am a normal 18 year old male and I find that in most shops I go to the clothes are a little too.... flamboyant. Any tips for good shops that sell decent clothes than are fairly plain? I buy quite a lot of clothes from Gap purely because it is possible to buy a jumper without a word emblazened across the front of it or a stupid phrase including the word "urban" (apart from those awful GAP fleeces).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Hugo Boss Red Label do some really nice stuff (without a 2ft logo across the chest).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinz)
    the best: SELFRIDGES
    the good: diesel, levi shop, usc
    the bad: ted baker, river island, topman, envy, h&m
    the FUGLY: fcuk.
    seriously...the "bad/fugly" shops (well with exception of h&m) do some really nice stuff...and selfridges aint a brand...u cant buy selfridges jeans...they have the diff brands in there like ted baker....

ReputationRep:
    seriously...the "bad/fugly" shops (well with exception of h&m) do some really nice stuff...and selfridges aint a brand...u cant buy selfridges jeans...they have the diff brands in there like ted baker....
    topic: mens clothes shops ;>,
    tru, the bad/fugliness shops do do some ok things, but if you value your individuality then i'd steer cleear !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJG_04)
    no it aint m8. i get all my gear outta sports shops cuz it looks mint
    LMFAO, well done, its top quality, 'init'.

[email protected] post.

Since my favorite store doesn't have site (and is a local one to me), HERE is a good substitute.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.