The Student Room Group

Which university do I choose?

So I want to do a music degree at university, and I've chosen 3 of the 5 universities I will apply to already. The University of Oxford, Univeristy of Manchester and University of Birmingham.
According to a lot of sources, all three are some of the best in the country for music. And really I only want to go to Manchester but is that a good choice?
All decent unis but oxford is way better than the other two, Oxford is dead tho. What do u wanna do after ur degree?
Original post by Alice^Wl
So I want to do a music degree at university, and I've chosen 3 of the 5 universities I will apply to already. The University of Oxford, Univeristy of Manchester and University of Birmingham.
According to a lot of sources, all three are some of the best in the country for music. And really I only want to go to Manchester but is that a good choice?

Manchester is a fab and well-respected music department. It's important to have an insurance choice that you'd be happy going to as well though. So keep thinking about what you want from your music degree course/the uni environment you're gonna live in for 3 years, continue doing research and try and find another two suitable places to apply to, so that you have an insurance choice you're happy with.

I studied music at Oxford from 2007-2010 so if you have any questions about that course, I can try and answer. Obviously I left a while ago, so some things may have changed since I left, but happy to try and help out if poss :musicus:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending