The Student Room Group

DAY LONDON TUBE TRAVELCARD - Open day

On Saturday i'm going to london uni open day. How can I obtain a (cheap) day travel card for one day (for a 17 year old) and an adult?
Either travel off-peak or do you have a 16-25 railcard? As a 17 year old you still have to pay for an Adult ticket, it's only ages 15 and below that pay child fares - When I went to a Uni interview/Applicant day in Kent I used an app called 'trainline' to buy my parents and I tickets, this app basically lists the best prices tickets.

Original post by MKaur18
On Saturday i'm going to london uni open day. How can I obtain a (cheap) day travel card for one day (for a 17 year old) and an adult?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by squirrology
When I went to a Uni interview/Applicant day in Kent I used an app called 'trainline' to buy my parents and I tickets, this app basically lists the best prices tickets.

Trainline has booking fees. Whereas websites like virgin trains don't.

OP - it's cheaper to use an oyster card or if you have one, your contactless bank card.
Contactless bank card will be best for you.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Trainline has booking fees. Whereas websites like virgin trains don't.

OP - it's cheaper to use an oyster card or if you have one, your contactless bank card.

The booking fee is only £1.50, it's still a good train ticket purchasing app to use imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending