The Student Room Group

Hollywood or Bollywood?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rubbishatgcse
How can that not make sense? Have you heard of 'Zarangollo Escalivada', the average person hasn't because it is a regional delicacy of Spain, people outside of Spain would have heard of Paella and Churros because they are considered a national delicacy and an 'Arab person in Dubai' is more likely to eat paella at Spanish restaurant because they are more widely recognised. In the same way, Hindi is made to be the national language of India and also the most widely recognisable therefore foreigners would obviously regard Hindi movies as their first choice.

'

No it doesn't make sense. You telling me you think Hindi movies are only popular all over the world because people think everyone in India speaks Hindi, is ridiculous. Film industries are businesses - they need to have money to be able to distribute the films globally. Investors are only gonna pay money if they're confident in the quality of the product. Hindi films have better production values, acting talent and return on investment. I guarantee you that if Telugu, Malyalam etc were making "higher quality" films, they'd be gaining more investment to distribute in the biggest markets and we would see more regional films instead of Hindi releasing in the UK. But the regional industries don't get that money because the investors don't have confidence that those films are good enough to sell. That's a reflection of quality - nobody is gonna try and sell a product they think is ****, right? It's got nothing to do with which language is more widely spoken.
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
I adored Bollywood growing up. But now I just cringe when watching it. So I'll have to go for Hollywood.
Maybe its just the newer Bollywood stuff I don't like. I miss old Bollywood and young SRK :love:
(This is just talking about movies ofc, when it comes to tv nothing beats Pakistani Dramas :wink:)

Definitely.. Pakistani dramas are the best..:love:
Original post by Zargabaath
Notice how no one ever makes threads about Nollywood? :u:

@ me with your chest next time hoe :colonhash:

The disrespect
Hollywood by a far stretch.
Original post by StrawbAri
@ me with your chest next time hoe :colonhash:

The disrespect

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought I did tag you :lol:

Quick Reply