Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What??????? I just received my Accomodation pack and I got into the humble Hiatt Baker. But what kind of a dress are you supposed to come up for a barbie anyway. I'd like to see what 'action men' come up with. But I suspect that this affair should be rather fun anyway! Is this theme for Hiatt Baker only or for other Halls as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplerainbow)
    What??????? I just received my Accomodation pack and I got into the humble Hiatt Baker. But what kind of a dress are you supposed to come up for a barbie anyway. I'd like to see what 'action men' come up with. But I suspect that this affair should be rather fun anyway! Is this theme for Hiatt Baker only or for other Halls as well?
    Hehe, last month my friend's 18th was Barbie themed and I wondered the same thing! In the end I wore a very short skirt with a pink top and pink strappy shoes, and most of the girls did the same - didn't look much different to a lot of party attire to be honest! But a few did make an effort - there was Horse Riding Barbie, Cowgirl Barbie, Beach Barbie, 80s Barbie, Princess Barbie and so on! I think the ones who made the effort were the best to be honest and it was a really good laugh, but you can be lazy like me and get away with something vaguely girly/pink

Haven't received my accommodation info yet so can't answer the rest! Hope you have a great time in HB though.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, another Hiatt Baker person! *waves* I'm kinda stuck on this one too! I used to have a long blonde wig from when I was Galadriel at a Halloween party a couple of years ago and I really wish I'd hung onto it! :P

ReputationRep:
    Another 'shite bunker' resident here :cool:
    Don't really like the sound of dressing up as barbie, can't even remember the last time I wore a skirt. Could be due to the fact I'm male. (j/k)

Looks like I'll be going as action(wo)man. The cruise sounds good though. And at least we get a sink and we're right by the bus stop. It's not all bad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about going as some kind of fairy Barbie. Pink fairy wings, pink fluffy wand, miniskirt...

Anyone planning on going to the schoolboys/girls thing on the Tuesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insatiable)
    I'm thinking about going as some kind of fairy Barbie. Pink fairy wings, pink fluffy wand, miniskirt...

Anyone planning on going to the schoolboys/girls thing on the Tuesday?
    hehe, of course, it should be fun.... and dressing up for that would be so much easier

I'm still stuck on what kind of Barbie to dress as, but if I run out of ideas I can always go as an action (wo)man or even better Dr X hehe

ReputationRep:
    Update: it now looks like I'll be a fairy with bunny ears. Heh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insatiable)
    Update: it now looks like I'll be a fairy with bunny ears. Heh!
    hehe, part human part animal, very cool

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.