London Fashion Models -robbers Watch

Mibedu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have found this not sure if its still on I do not have TV,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...-us-your-story

I have filled out the form, talling them about FLM and my story simply.
I guess if someone really writes it briefly interestingly and even funny thy would choose to take it further. Not sure how they operate.

Anyway I do have enough anger built up and I feel so misstreated and the injustice is just driving me mad here I will not stop I havent since February the 9th...

Take Care
Sruent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree. I was almost scammed by these people. I also think they have a few other branches connected. cocomodels seems to be part of london fashion models. Have you also noticed that somebody working for the LFM is deleting peoples reports against them? google reviews and they are effing reporting them! they are starting to retaliate.
we need to fight them together!
Simut
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ItIs it true? Are they just taking money? I just paind £ 2500 and I just realised that I probably been stupid to believe and now I don't know what I am going to do?
jessie456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Had a shoot with LFM on the 19th June in which they told me I was selected. However, once being selected they tell you you have to pay for a portfolio which starts at £750- quite an unexpected shock being a huge sum of money. I didn't have the full sum of money on the day as I was unaware of the prices so set up a payment plan with the LFM. After paying part of the payment plan I was told someone would be in touch within a couple days to arrange my aftercare phonecall, after a month later I have received nothing from the company. I've sent numerous phonecalls and emails and no reply whatsoever. Can someone advice me on what to do? Is this standard protocol for the company or should I contact trading standards and the the police?
shannonsmith80
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys,

To give you some background on how much of a scam this company is, I have collated lots of information from other individuals who have been scammed by them in the hope it will save some of you from this dodgy company and its owners!

The company goes by a number of trading names: London Fashion Models/The Model Advisors/Top Models/Capital Models and the studio they book you in as is ‘The Mango Suite’. They change their company name every few months!!!

Their owners have had actions taken against them by trading standards. They operate from a number of limited companies to try and stay one-step ahead of the law! London Fashion Models Limited, London Fashion Academy Models Limited, Connectascope Limited, Top Models (London) Limited, Mango Studio Limited, London Photography Limited etc.

I have reliable information that trading standards are in the process of investigating them again for the miss-selling of goods amongst many many things. To help trading standards bring a case against them I would strongly urge you to email Samantha Cowell or Chris Jolly at Westminster trading standards
jessie456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shannonsmith80)
Guys,

To give you some background on how much of a scam this company is, I have collated lots of information from other individuals who have been scammed by them in the hope it will save some of you from this dodgy company and its owners!

The company goes by a number of trading names: London Fashion Models/The Model Advisors/Top Models/Capital Models and the studio they book you in as is ‘The Mango Suite’. They change their company name every few months!!!

Their owners have had actions taken against them by trading standards. They operate from a number of limited companies to try and stay one-step ahead of the law! London Fashion Models Limited, London Fashion Academy Models Limited, Connectascope Limited, Top Models (London) Limited, Mango Studio Limited, London Photography Limited etc.

I have reliable information that trading standards are in the process of investigating them again for the miss-selling of goods amongst many many things. To help trading standards bring a case against them I would strongly urge you to email Samantha Cowell or Chris Jolly at Westminster trading standards
Do you have an email for these people?
Sben2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mibedu)
I have found this not sure if its still on I do not have TV,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...-us-your-story

I have filled out the form, talling them about FLM and my story simply.
I guess if someone really writes it briefly interestingly and even funny thy would choose to take it further. Not sure how they operate.

Anyway I do have enough anger built up and I feel so misstreated and the injustice is just driving me mad here I will not stop I havent since February the 9th...

Take Care
My daughter paid a deposit online to, I was disappointed in the set up very ad hoc to say the least, loud music no organisation, lots of waiting around. Turned nasty when I asked how long we would need to wait, very rude. We had the photos and waited to see the consultant, when another client who clearly was very annoyed at being asked to fork out huge sums of money too. I felt sorry for my kid I knew this agency wasn't right but we decided to go as they had her deposit and then make the afternoon in London more fun. The consultant bit I knew was going to be a hard sell pitch. As expected a tiny cupboard me my daughter and a guy squashed on a tiny bench who he was we have no idea and why he was there. The consultant rolled off her stuff at which I wasn't surprised Gold.... then I said it was unfair to ask such amounts on the spot and expect a decision there and now. At which I was patronised again about if id read the welcome pack I would know. Yes photos from £50 for the 1st then subsequent ones cheaper! Why would she need a website, if they are promoting you to all these big names!!! and then she said who would manage her to me! so I got it they are just selling you a pants website and a bunch of photos but every other person has the exact same scene or setting. At which she swiped her screen and offered me cheaper options and instalments, she asked what I did for a living!!!! I said finance and what my budget was and I said I never disclose my budgets for anything. There's no gaurantee of work from these your basically getting a kit DIY. the example she showed me of one of her models rom NI was pants what I would have like to have seen was some successful models of there's in proper shoots magazine pages with their copyright. But of course there's nothing like that, seek out local photographers get some experience some do it for art and some do it for book covers etc the moneys not huge but its entry level, join some agencies like Phoenix supporting artist get some acting experience in front of the camera have fun and get paid. If your asked to hand over that type of money with the threat of we delete your photos today if you say no it should ring alarm bells. I had easier sales pitches with those old fashioned timeshares where they pressure sell or make you feel like a pauper because you say no!! I had a double glazing seller in my house once and he was tough its common sales tactics they use, good sellers that's all it is at the end of the day. We will learn from this experience.
rhowlett
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jessie456)
Had a shoot with LFM on the 19th June in which they told me I was selected. However, once being selected they tell you you have to pay for a portfolio which starts at £750- quite an unexpected shock being a huge sum of money. I didn't have the full sum of money on the day as I was unaware of the prices so set up a payment plan with the LFM. After paying part of the payment plan I was told someone would be in touch within a couple days to arrange my aftercare phonecall, after a month later I have received nothing from the company. I've sent numerous phonecalls and emails and no reply whatsoever. Can someone advice me on what to do? Is this standard protocol for the company or should I contact trading standards and the the police?
Same thing has happened to us unfortunately. I have reported to Action Fraud and in the process of reporting to Trading Standards.
Laura42
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - did anyone come through The Studio Works.... we didn't hear about London fashion models till it was on the receipt. Has anyone managed to recover the money?????
Laura42
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rhowlett)
Same thing has happened to us unfortunately. I have reported to Action Fraud and in the process of reporting to Trading Standards.
Hi there, what can Action Fraud and Trading Standards do? Is it possible to recover any money? Do you know if credit card company can help?

Thanks very much!
Evelina_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have paid my deposit of £50 to the Studio Works / icon Fashion Models. And had to cancel my photo shoot as had to travel with work. So I have given them plenty of notice so they sent me an email saying I'll get my refund in the next 14 days. 1.5 mo this later I still didn't get my refund. I keep phoning them every week and get back that ...oh yeah... someone had put the Wrong card number, I've corrected it you'll get your refund in the next 10days, etc! 10 days later, 10 days later... now it's 1.5 months and I doubt I'll get any money back.
JayH1996
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I paid £1350 but if you read the T&C's once you leave the premises you are happy with the service they have provided and there isn't anything you can do about it. contacted my bank to dispute the payment but i doubt it will get me anywhere as essentially they have provided the service the offered.
JayH1996
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Laura42)
Hi - did anyone come through The Studio Works.... we didn't hear about London fashion models till it was on the receipt. Has anyone managed to recover the money?????
I went to the studio works over the weekend. unfortunately i paid them money for an e folio - gold package. Once I done some digging online I realised they are a blag but obviously it was too late.
they rang me and told me I would get a phone call within two weeks from someone telling me what to do next which I found funny as about 2 hours before I rang them calling them out about them being a scam.
Woke up this morning to a welcome pack through the post with a "VIP card" and all other ********.
I have disputed the payment with my bank but they explained to me that there is probably nothing I can do about it... I just hope others don't fool for the same **** I did
Abip2004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. Have had the same experience with my daughter. Paid £2500, tried to get bank to help but because pin was put in machine they can't get money??? What now??
mickm75
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
they had £3000 of me and my partner early September contacted my bank and they have now put it in the hands of visa also citizens advise says you can go through small claims court but you have to send them a letter of action
OscarS1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi All

20 days into this scam and having lost £2500. I have done the following.

Reported to the Police
Reported to Citizens Advice Consumer Service
Wrote to the Credit Card Company to refund stating breach of Contract.
Wrote to an MP

We should get together and share our stories and results as at the end of the day we all want our money back and together we can create awareness.
Philip 12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We have been conned by the studio Works promising modelling photo shoots to our daughter by paying them £3500. Never heard from them again. They continue to operate and take advantage of young people dreaming to become models. Nobody seems to be doing anything about this. You should raise awareness of this scam
shereen99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have come through the studio works!
ghofran
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shannonsmith80)
Guys,

i had been scammed by london fashion models i paid £2500 i wonder what i should done
OscarS1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ghofran)
i had been scammed by london fashion models i paid £2500 i wonder what i should done
Report the Police
Report to the Bank
Report to Trading Standards
Report to as many TV stations as you can
Write to your local MP
Mail a letter to The Studio Works to offer a Refund or expect a court date

Try the above.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (522)
59.32%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.43%

Watched Threads