(Original post by OscarS1)
Report the Police
Report to the Bank
Report to Trading Standards
Report to as many TV stations as you can
Write to your local MP
Mail a letter to The Studio Works to offer a Refund or expect a court date

Try the above.
Seriously don't bother i worked for this company actually meet all the bosses made phone calls to book people in and take deposits over the phone the question is are they a scam ? the short and disappointing answer is no you went to the studio and bought some pictures the price can be 2 pound or 2000 theres no law that states you have to be cheap and on top of that you signed agreement that states they are not an agencies and don't give refunds what evidence does any one have written down of any job offers that would be illigal the law is no employment agency in the uk can charge employess up front fees or payments not just modelling all employment agencies but london fashion models are not an agency they say so on the website and you can see the prices on the website i dont get it maybe some of you thought u was going to be kate moss over night i urge people to be realistic about their goals and what you are trying to archive here thats the issue u want to be a model ? be a dentist or a humanitarian
OscarS1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by johnwhite56)
Seriously don't bother i worked for this company actually meet all the bosses made phone calls to book people in and take deposits over the phone the question is are they a scam ? the short and disappointing answer is no you went to the studio and bought some pictures the price can be 2 pound or 2000 theres no law that states you have to be cheap and on top of that you signed agreement that states they are not an agencies and don't give refunds what evidence does any one have written down of any job offers that would be illigal the law is no employment agency in the uk can charge employess up front fees or payments not just modelling all employment agencies but london fashion models are not an agency they say so on the website and you can see the prices on the website i dont get it maybe some of you thought u was going to be kate moss over night i urge people to be realistic about their goals and what you are trying to archive here thats the issue u want to be a model ? be a dentist or a humanitarian
Are you serious.. THE STUDIO WORKS LIED to us, making us believe there is work lined up.. They painted a picture and fooled up into believing total fabrication. You weren't there so I suggest you keep your mouth shut. If you have nothing good to say then dont bother.
Kymmy B
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone had any complaints with Oxy Studio? One Models in London, I was promised lots of work to help pay for the portfolio only for them to take hundreds and hundreds of pounds from my account now saying I need to pay for pictures FIRST!!! I’m so angry I have been lied to so believably I feel such a fool but have reported them!
Kymmy B
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have also been stung and I’m mature “model”
Trading as One Models @ Oxy Studio in London, was told how amazing I was, how much work they had for me with M&S, ASOS, many many more! They assured me that they would provide me lots of lucrative work first to pay off my portfolio, just to get me to sign before getting my train back to manchester after a full day at 10pm at night.
I then realised after over £500 had been taken out of my account and not one phone call about any assignments that I too had been conned.
I have reported them to the credit card company and now need to know who to contact at trading standards because this place was full of people like me. All sadly believing in their con.
Do not enter into anything like this!!’
Acesmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This happened to us yesterday they went under the name we’ll email model station please tell me this is the same company ?!? My sons pictures were amazing but when they wanted money for the package which I had previously rang and asked if we needed money was told no she told me it was in the small print prices starting from £3500 we went to studio 41 next to inn 1881 Devonshire mews place in London
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
http://themodelstation.co.uk/

what about "The Model Station"

I'm trying to figure out if they are legit but there isn't much info! can anyone help??
jessie456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They are not legit, you can just tell by the layout of their website
Acesmum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The company we went to last night went under the name model station at studio 41 postcode W1g6DD
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Acesmum)
The company we went to last night went under the name model station at studio 41 postcode W1g6DD
what was your experience
was it legit?
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
http://themodelstation.co.uk/

what about "The Model Station"

I'm trying to figure out if they are legit but there isn't much info! can anyone help??
most likely fake even I had experience with an agency a few years back the **** was so fake it was hilarious
Reen Queen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kymmy B)
I have also been stung and I’m mature “model”
Trading as One Models @ Oxy Studio in London, was told how amazing I was, how much work they had for me with M&S, ASOS, many many more! They assured me that they would provide me lots of lucrative work first to pay off my portfolio, just to get me to sign before getting my train back to manchester after a full day at 10pm at night.
I then realised after over £500 had been taken out of my account and not one phone call about any assignments that I too had been conned.
I have reported them to the credit card company and now need to know who to contact at trading standards because this place was full of people like me. All sadly believing in their con.
Do not enter into anything like this!!’
Hi Kimmy, I've had something similar with Oxy / One Models - I seem to be in a loop and not getting any answers from them as to where my pictures are etc, beginning to think I've been scammed. Who do you reccommend reporting them too ?
dad-scammed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have just been claiming money back through my Credit Card company after getting caught up in the Zera Models / Medio Style studio webfolio scam through my 15-year old daughter. I am not 100% certain if I have been successful yet, but the Credit Card company has now removed the transactions from my account which is a very positive for me. I can supply my detailed submission to the Credit Card company to anyone who asks.
Mibedu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi!

Can you tell me if its section 75 and did yiu send in the paper you sugned saying you have received the goods for the payment you have made?

Thank you

(Original post by dad-scammed)I have just been claiming money back through my Credit Card company after getting caught up in the Zera Models / Medio Style studio webfolio scam through my 15-year old daughter. I am not 100% certain if I have been successful yet, but the Credit Card company has now removed the transactions from my account which is a very positive for me. I can supply my detailed submission to the Credit Card company to anyone who asks.
d-tomovska1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could i please get the full emails for Samantha Cowell and Chris Jolly please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads