The Student Room Group

Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

Poll

Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

:itsme:

Here at TSR Towers, we wanted to know your thoughts on whether you have changed your opinion since last year and why? Did you decide to remain or leave, and would you have changed your vote had you known Theresa May’s cabinet would be at the helm of negotiations?

Why did you vote for either side, what were the strongest points for you?

To recap the events that led to the vote, and what has happened since then, we would like to know your opinions on here and whether you agree with the current negotiation team and what your ideal deal would be here

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was fairly indifferent to the result.

I voted remain because I saw no assurance of the freedom of movement post brexit and that was the most important factor to me personally in the discussion.
I almost never change my mind, so yeah, still a 'Remainer'.
Remainer still because the only thing I'm getting out of Brexit is a few hundred more pounds of student debt.
I voted Remain and I still want to remain.

However the people have decided collectively to Leave and I will fight to ensure that the democratic process is upheld.

Leaving the EU doesn't really effect me all that much because since the vote I have applied for dual Irish citizenship, so I will still benefit from everything the EU has to offer me.
Didn't vote, but I wanted leave and im glad we got it.
Reply 6
Original post by Mentally
Didn't vote, but I wanted leave and im glad we got it.

Hear! Hear!
What @Meany Pie said. I was a Remainer last year and still think remaining would be the best idea, but we have a mandate to leave, and so I think Remainers should now be focusing on pushing for as soft a Brexit as possible and keeping Britain as open a society as possible, and not throwing a tantrum because we didn't get the result we wanted.
Voted Remain and would love us to remain, however, BIG CAVEAT, we are going to be leaving the EU so lets just get the **** on board and do it in an orderly fashion without fracturing society further than it is
Reply 9
It's sad to see such a high percentage of "did not vote but would have voted to remain"
Before I would have voted remain, now leave.
UKIP is gone and the Conservatives are no longer in power alone. I support DUP cause no NI border increases the chance of free movement (they still suck tho).
Original post by maxafin
It's sad to see such a high percentage of "did not vote but would have voted to remain"

Maybe, like me, they weren't old enough to vote- that's the only reason I chose that option :smile:
Too young to vote but would have voted to leave, have not changed my mind.
Reply 13
Original post by Labrador99
Maybe, like me, they weren't old enough to vote- that's the only reason I chose that option :smile:

That's probably a good explanation :smile: forget i'm starting to get old :smile:
Voted to Remain, would still vote to Remain.
Voted leave still want leave for all the same reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was somewhat indifferent but voted Leave.

I am much more strongly for Leave now.
Original post by Meany Pie

However the people have decided collectively to Leave and I will fight to ensure that the democratic process is upheld.

Leaving the EU doesn't really effect me all that much because since the vote I have applied for dual Irish citizenship, so I will still benefit from everything the EU has to offer me.

So, you don't care because it doesn't affect you? What about the rest of us? What about the 48% that voted to remain? What about the ones who couldn't vote, but wanted to vote remain? Do we not matter?
Original post by Sonechka
What @Meany Pie said. I was a Remainer last year and still think remaining would be the best idea, but we have a mandate to leave, and so I think Remainers should now be focusing on pushing for as soft a Brexit as possible and keeping Britain as open a society as possible, and not throwing a tantrum because we didn't get the result we wanted.

How is 52% anywhere near a "mandate"? We have very different ideas of what a mandate means.
Original post by Meany Pie

How much did you pay? £200+?

Quick Reply